1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Increased 4G speeds in Seattle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EvoPimp, Aug 5, 2010.

1. EvoPimp

EvoPimp Newbie

Has anybody else in the Seattle area noticed increased 4G speeds since the Froyo update? Before the update, I was usually seeing speeds of 2.0 - 2.5 Mbps, I am now reaching speeds of 6.0 - 7.5 Mbps from my office in Pioneer Square. What are the rest of you seeing in the Seattle area?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. archercc

archercc Android Enthusiast

They must have upgraded your area because when I was in the Seattle airport I was getting closer to 5 (weeks ago).

I have noticed the speeds have consistently jumped a from 5-6 to 8 in Atlanta (where I live).

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

I'm not surprised. Its and up and coming network... Sprint and Clear will slowly improve WiMax for everyone. Just give it a little time.

4. TravyEvo

TravyEvo Newbie

I haven't done a speed test since Froyo, but I can now get 4G at my desk which I've never been able to get before. I'll test the speed during lunch. Never have seen over 2.8 before so it'll be interesting if it went up.

5. JohnDuh

JohnDuh Lurker

I can't say what the cause is but I checked following applying 2.2 (.3) and my speed at my house in Bremerton has doubled. I've got WiFi plugged into Comcast, so I don't usually have the 4G radio on at home, but this is fast enough that I may drop Comcast.

6. RagingSamster

RagingSamster Well-Known Member

Renton...

300Kbps down 900Kbps up ping 127 ( actually ping is pretty good)

with 4G @ 2-3 bars

"meh"

7. TravyEvo

TravyEvo Newbie

I live in Renton too. I'll try it where I live.

Test it about 5 times and use the average.

8. BrianJB

BrianJB Android Enthusiast

Im in Spokane and unfortunetly we dont have 4g. But my 3g speeds went through the roof, I got 2.5Mbps yesterday.

9. TravyEvo

TravyEvo Newbie

Confirmed. Never had gotten above 2.8 before but averaged over 4Mbps on the street in front of my job. Awesome.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews