• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Increasing ram

fan01

Lurker
Oct 2, 2011
HI,
i just had my samsung galaxy s2. in order to save battery, i close all applications and also fast performance.

have noticed though that last week my ram status was on a average of 226mb/837 mb.
but this week, i noticed that even if i close all my apps through task manager on ram tab to clear memory. it is now reading 331mb/837mb.

have deleted most cache but it wont go back to 226mb usage. so i am thinking something is eating up my ram.

can you please assist as to how i can keep it at a low usage?

thanks in advance

i agree with lotus49, leave the memory management to android.. 200mb is a lot of free ram as it is.. u could try rooting and removing unused apps that maybe running in the background, there are good apps to find out wats unnecessarily running (android assistant is one), and titanium is the app to remove freeze them.. but again, i think ur being unnecessarily concerned :)

Upvote 0
agree with the above. more senior members of the forum have said before they never clear their RAM, and if theres some free there's no problem.

personally i vary between 300 and 500 RAM used, it never seems to make any difference to performance how much is used and whether you clear it or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones