1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incredible 2 boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattyboy17, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mattyboy17

mattyboy17 Lurker

Hey guys,

I'm literally brand new to Android again after switching to the iPhone after a failed attempt at using the Google G1, but I've been tasked with repairing an HTC Incredible 2 that got stuck in boot loop while apparently updating a couple apps. For the record, this isn't my personal phone, it's my gf's younger sisters and there's stuff on there she wanted to save.

I guess my question is, since rooting and installing a rooted OS via HBOOT seems to be my best option to fix this from what I've gathered, is there any way to bring this phone back to life without doing a full erase of the stuff on the phone? Right now, she has photos and texts and idk what else on there that she'd like to get off of it before wiping it clean and I'm not quite sure the best method to go about doing this where I can access the phone to save the photos and stuff from her phone to my laptop where I can get it to a flash drive and she does what she wants from there.

I also found there's SMS Backup + that would allow me to back up her texts, but I'm assuming that would have to wait till I got her to either remove or tell me the password from her phone unless there's a way to get around that. (assuming I can bring it back up).

Seems to me this is what would be considered a "soft-bricked" phone since she's not technical enough to go through rooting and it was bone stock and failed during an OTA update or something, right?

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Talked to Verizon and they said it was "unfixable" and they had to buy a new phone, but I can't imagine a software issue is unfixable.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

3. mattyboy17

mattyboy17 Lurker

Is there no way to keep the texts on the phone after getting it back up? or maybe even a way to save them prior to installing that last file onto the phone?

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

I've never seen a way to recover texts from a non-working phone. The person the texts were sent to should be able to get them to you. If it's a legal issue Verizon claims that they store every text sent.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Will move to the rooted section for proper exposure, ;)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews