1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Incredible 2 thinks I have vodafone??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkmasi, May 18, 2011.

1. jkmasi

jkmasi Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Today my Incredible 2 went crazy for a little while. First, I kept getting error alerts in the status bar saying that it could not log in to my Google account. It kept asking for my password. Then, I went to About Phone, Network to check the signal (I was at work where I typically have a weak signal) and it did said the Operator was unknown (normally says Verizon Wireless) and Mobile Network Type Unknown. Then I tried dialing *228, which worked fine, except that at the top of the dialer screen where the display normally says Verizon Wireless, it said Vodafone NL or something like that! I restarted the phone twice, and these two issues are back to normal.

There is also an error at the bottom of the Accounts and Sync screen "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." This message did not go away after reboot.

I have had many android phones - including other HTC models - and I've never seen this.

Anyone else ever have these problems?

Advertisement

2. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert
    None

I'm no expert at this, but I'd guess it has to do with the global capability. Maybe a sim card issue? Were any of your other HTC phones global? If you've only been on Verizon the only other global HTC phone is the Imagio.

3. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

The Ozone is global too. We use one as a travel phone. You'll notice that your SIM is a Vodafone. It probably couldn't find towers and got confused.

4. jkmasi

jkmasi Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Seems ok now... I think you are both on the right track. Thanks!