• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rezound was released on a Monday, so it's completely possible that this phone could release any day of the week. But say it were to release next Thursday, that's when the Samsung Galaxy s3 will be announced, so it makes it unlikely that they would release a phone the same day the S3 (and presumably other Samsung phones) is announced. The next Thursday after that would be the 10th of May. Would they really wait another two weeks to release this phone? I sure hope not.

Nexus released on a friday and razr was on a monday I think

So what are you guys getting at? :p jk

You guys are right. The rezound, the razr and nexus were all special phones that deserved special release dates and I think the Inc4g is also deserving. 4/30 and a Monday release like the rezound is really possible.

Upvote 0
I am disappointed with Verizon's lack of coverage or any info regarding this phone. With a release imminent why are they so damn secretive?

I totally agree. It's not as if this phone is going to be a high end cutting edge phone. I think this is more about clearing out the stock of Rezounds and Incredible 2's before they release it.

Upvote 0
I am soooo not a phone dork!! Ok....yeah I am! :)

Yes, the average person you walk up to and start discussing the stuff we commonly and casually talk about here will not have any clue (somewhat) what you are saying...you will have to do a lot of explaining...

But...then again

aefd611a-89ea-f609.jpg

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
I'm not knocking this phone when I say this, but Verizon won't dump a lot of money into advertising when it isn't a top tier phone. This phone hasn't shown that it will be the top of the line in any way besides the processor. Even that is overshadowed by quad cores on the horizon.
I like the phones in this spectrum. The DInc2 was not the top of the line when it came out, but I think it was and still is one of the best phones out there.
Understated elegance.
:D

Upvote 0
Have you seen the LG Lucid, I think that's probably the closest to what to expect the Inc4g should feel. I just bought that for my Mom and she loves the form factor.

Yup, my gf has one. She was looking to replace her OG Droid and wanted something with a reasonable size screen, reasonable specs and a low price. We just so happened to go in Verizon on the Lucid release day and it was exactly what she was looking for. Got it for $30 with some rebate.

I like the Lucid's size, but I think the feel of the Inc4G is going to be much better with the curved corners and more rounded edges. I'm guessing it'll be a slightly smaller version of my Rezound since the leaked pics look damn near identical.

Upvote 0
Man I really wish they would announce, or better yet, release this phone already. I've been waiting for a good ~4" phone. I keep trying to stay away for a while in hopes that while I wasn't watching it's been announced, that way it doesn't feel like I'm refreshing Phandroid all day long. Haha..

The DInc2 is a really good 4" phone. Although buying it now would be a little foolish. Better to wait and see if the 4G is any good.

Reactions: today
Upvote 0
I'm not knocking this phone when I say this, but Verizon won't dump a lot of money into advertising when it isn't a top tier phone. This phone hasn't shown that it will be the top of the line in any way besides the processor. Even that is overshadowed by quad cores on the horizon.
I like the phones in this spectrum. The DInc2 was not the top of the line when it came out, but I think it was and still is one of the best phones out there.
Understated elegance.
:D

It seems like a lot of the time their phones that aren't top of the line have less issues than their top of the line phones...

Upvote 0
It seems like a lot of the time their phones that aren't top of the line have less issues than their top of the line phones...

Definitely true. The thunderbolt and bionic (not sure if this was considered top of the line) had a serious amount of issues. The og inc could be the exception, I've had zero issues, except some issues very early on but an update fixed that

Upvote 0
Whelp, once again we are let down by Verizon. I think they are doing this purposely to rub it in our faces for trusting leaked information.

I've been waiting since March after seeing those incredible (pun intended) benchmarks. I was also let down by a notion of a white Galaxy Nexus release but that's another story.

I guess I'll cave in and use my upgrade for a Galaxy Nexus. *walk of shame*

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
Whelp, once again we are let down by Verizon. I think they are doing this purposely to rub it in our faces for trusting leaked information.

I've been waiting since March after seeing those incredible (pun intended) benchmarks. I was also let down by a notion of a white Galaxy Nexus release but that's another story.

I guess I'll cave in and use my upgrade for a Galaxy Nexus. *walk of shame*
If you can wait another week or two, the phone will most likely be out by then.

Upvote 0
If you can wait another week or two, the phone will most likely be out by then.

Yeah, I'm giving it to the end of week for at least an announcement. Patient is indeed one of my virtues and have been waiting for an upgrade since January but I have my limits. There's also word of an unofficial price of $300 for a 2-year. That might be depressing if true.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm giving it to the end of week for at least an announcement. Patient is indeed one of my virtues and have been waiting for an upgrade since January but I have my limits. There's also word of an unofficial price of $300 for a 2-year. That might be depressing if true.

Next thursday you'll know more about the galaxy s3, and in two weeks, moto should announce something about the fighter at ctia. i dont buy that the inc4g is priced at 300, just a leftover template from the maxx.

Upvote 0
Based on the supposed specs - there is nothing that makes me want to buy this phone and the only thing incredible is how incredibly disappointed I am. The main two shortcomings I see is the VGA FFC and only 8GB of memory. Money is not so much an issue for me - but I am not using my 2-year upgrade for this phone. Too bad - i had high hopes and I like HTC phones (especially if I get an extended battery). I don't like Moto and not getting a 6 month old Rezound. Will just hold onto my original Dinc until something more worthy comes out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones