• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On display although unceremoniously. Store rep said lot of people are waiting to see the S3 before deciding. I liked what I saw of it. Size is great, lighter than expected (not sure if good thing), camera seemed much sharper indoors than orig inc, still to me the best oe keyboard. I'll probably go for it by weekend.

I actually went to the Bethesda store to mess around with it and thought it was funny that they had a small Incredible ad on the kiosk when you first enter the store in the center, but yet they had a moto phone attached to the ad and the Inc4 was off to the side minus any ads...weird.

I enjoyed the phone....compared it to my original Inc, and while it has a bigger screen, the form factor was almost exactly the same...I might have to snag this one....hate the new larger phones...

Upvote 0
Must say I agree. Even the Rezound seemed to slip through the cracks. VZW seemed to not even care to sell it. Its all about the Razr, or the Nexus, or the SG3.... Did someone at HTC sleep with VZW CEO daughter? :vroam:

Verizon reps push the Razr Maxx so much it's almost as if they get a greater cut if they get you on this phone. There is something weird cause on a number of occasions I have called Verizon they always say, I see you have an upgrade available, might I suggest the Razr Maxx, it's kinda scary, cause it almost makes you not want it just because of that. They don't even give the other phones any chance with the consumers.

Upvote 0
I just bought it last night for my girlfriend who did not want a phone larger than 4". They had a display phone at the Verizon store we went to, however, the salesman did not quite have all of the logistics of the phone down.

I have to say, it is an awesome phone! I love ICS! But I am having troubles with Sense 4.0. Did they do away with the Facebook for HTC Sense app? The contacts aren't all syncing with facebook photos. And I can't get the Profile to give the option of displaying her facebook picture either.

Also, there is a google account synced, but when we go into People and try to email someone, it asks us to add an account. how do I get it to recognize gmail as the default email?

I currently have an DInc2 so I am familiar with older versions of Sense, but this one is slightly different, and driving me crazy!

Ivel

Upvote 0
No clue how you get anything close to that unless you are doing something silly like turning background data off.

No I leave everything on. But like I said I'm on wifi most of the time (home & office) so that helps a lot. I have 3 email accts that sync all day (outlook, aol & gmail). I leave bluetooth & wifi on all the time. The biggest drain on any phone is searching for a signal. So if you're in an iffy signal area, being on wifi will save your battery. At my house if I'm not on wifi, my phone is constantly switching between 3g & 1x and the battery will drain fast.

Upvote 0
I just had to pop on and say (randomly) that I too remember the days of the first Inc...the boards (291,000+) were just lit up, and things were so nuts....unmarked mystery boxes....speculation...stories about the big hatted texas sales rep (Did that really happen?) people sharing with one another when they actually received their deeply backordered phones so we would know when ours would finally show up...so much excitement...I spent so much damn time in those threads before the phone was even released, and while I have spent some time there afterwards, it was never quite the same...I have never experienced something that insane online, and I too wonder if we will ever see a phenomenon like that again...just a thought I had to get out. :)

basically I'm waiting for my wife to decide when to finally upgrade her olde tymey ENV 2 before I get a new phone, but the Inc4G will probably be it...but getting rid of this Inc will be a sad moment for me, no matter how cool the Inc4G is...I must say, having seen the 4 in person, I was pretty excited that the new phone wasn't enormous. The OG Inc is the perfect size for me.

Thanks for letting me reminisce and ramble, all. :)

Upvote 0
I just bought it last night for my girlfriend who did not want a phone larger than 4". They had a display phone at the Verizon store we went to, however, the salesman did not quite have all of the logistics of the phone down.

I have to say, it is an awesome phone! I love ICS! But I am having troubles with Sense 4.0. Did they do away with the Facebook for HTC Sense app? The contacts aren't all syncing with facebook photos. And I can't get the Profile to give the option of displaying her facebook picture either.

Also, there is a google account synced, but when we go into People and try to email someone, it asks us to add an account. how do I get it to recognize gmail as the default email?

I currently have an DInc2 so I am familiar with older versions of Sense, but this one is slightly different, and driving me crazy!

Ivel

You should have 2 apps. Gmail and email. If Gmail is synced it will be on the Gmail app not email.

Go to accounts under settings and see if you can sync facebook account there.

Good.luck

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones