• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Incredible and your iPod Dock

Asterdroid

Android Expert
Mar 24, 2010
Providence
plus.google.com
I've got a Harman/Kardon Drive + Play set up in my car so I can listen to my iPod through an older car stereo. I found THIS CABLE allowing me to connect the Incredible to my iPod male connection. It sounds fantastic. I can now listen to Last.fm and my entire home mp3 collection via Subsonic while in the car. I'm very excited and thought I would share in case anyone else is looking for something like this. It also works with many home iPod docks.

Good find but omg $40 for a cable?????? That is outrageous. This phone is already $200 plus you have to buy the extended battery....then a cable too. I guess its worth it if you listen to radio a lot but my car has a stereo so ill hold off until there is a cheaper one.

There actually is another one on that website. Here's the link. You need to buy two cables to do it with the other one. *Disclaimer: I can't guarantee the other one works as I haven't tried it, but it should.

Here are the two cables you would need:
Universal Dock Converter
Audio Patch Cable

The reason I spent the 40 bucks is because I have a 2 hour commute each way. Now I can listen to my entire 200gig music collection AND last.fm from the same device. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Reactions: Smabbage
Upvote 0
That cable doesn't charge the Incredible though, right? It just allows for connection through the headphone jack.

Correct. It doesn't charge it. I had mine hooked up to both my car charger, and my ipod dock as I was driving this morning. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality from both Subsonic and Last.fm through the cable rig.

Upvote 0
That's a great idea, I have an Ipod dock that will let me plug in and aux cable but sounds awful compared to the Ipod dock. Would be great to directly conect my Incredible but for $40 it's a little too steep . I'll wait for a $20 - option

I think you were writing this post while I posted the $20 option :D

Upvote 0
I've got a Harman/Kardon Drive + Play set up in my car so I can listen to my iPod through an older car stereo. I found THIS CABLE allowing me to connect the Incredible to my iPod male connection. It sounds fantastic. I can now listen to Last.fm and my entire home mp3 collection via Subsonic while in the car. I'm very excited and thought I would share in case anyone else is looking for something like this. It also works with many home iPod docks.

I have a similar issue but I use this bluetooth adapter that was once sold thru bestbuy.. works flawlessly with my Inc and my Bose Dock, and my sony home theatre dock. I tried to use it in the car with the Ipod hookup and the audio transmits via bluetooth, just extremely low. Any tips?:thinking:

2186dDbcLnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones