1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Incredible Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harpua19, Aug 17, 2011.

1. harpua19

harpua19 Newbie
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    How do you maintain? I go through 2-3 batteries a day with heavy use each one 1800mAh

just doesn't seem normal

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
  3. 6StringDave

6StringDave Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Do you have GPS, Bluetooth, or wifi active when/where they are not needed? There should be a stock widget called Power Options which can make it easier to control these functions on the fly, and if not there are similar ones on the Market.

Is your screen always set for maximum brightness? The Automatic setting is great when it works, but under certain conditions it will burn away your juice changing the brightness 1000+ times! And then sometimes it just leaves my screen dark under full sun, even though I keep my screen and sensor clean.

I have used a swiss-army app called Tasker (it's on the Market, and that version has all features minus the encryption abilities) in order to control my radio functions when certain apps are launched, adjust my screen brightness after a certain hour (after sunset), create widgets to select a brightness quickly from my home screen, and set profiles to conserve power in every way based on time, day, location, or action. It can also manage all other controllable functions which you didn't even know your phone had in such a way. Tasker isn't cheap, and there's a steep learning curve, but if you enjoy tweaking your phone, the least that it can do is conserve your battery power in creative ways.

Also, does your Notification LED flash all day, unchecked? It amazed me how fast that alone seemed to run my battery down, when I cleared it to find that it had been going since I missed a call several hours ago!

While I have come to do as the GUIDE says (keep chargers always handy), I also bring backup batteries with me whenever I'm going away for more than 8 or so hours. In the past I have made it a practice to switch batteries at least once a day - I'm not really sure what the trade-off is in this for the health of your device, your media, or your battery, but now I end up re-booting once every few days, due to some screen lockup or lag error, which is always resolved by rebooting. I reckon it happens because most computer devices aren't really made to go for such extended sessions without any errors.