• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Boot Animation

I've been trying to get audio to play during the boot process...can someone try pushing an audio file named android_audio.mp3 to the /data/local and see if it plays during boot...I'm at work right now and can't try it...

I added the droid sound by renaming the droid mp3 to "android_audio.mp3" and pushing it to the device using the command "adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local" and it plays the sound while playing the boot animation. Also tried the same with a song mp3 renamed and it works just fine.

Upvote 0
I added the droid sound by renaming the droid mp3 to "android_audio.mp3" and pushing it to the device using the command "adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local" and it plays the sound while playing the boot animation. Also tried the same with a song mp3 renamed and it works just fine.

worked for me when I named it android_audio.mp3. Now I am just wondering what other sounds i can use =)

Now just gotta do some live wall papers and I'm good to go!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No...it doesn't loop the sound...you would have to create the audio and record the loop as long as you would want it to run...

Thanks!

It's kind of immaterial to me right now, I can't get the sound to play at all. The animation works great and I installed the sound as instructed, basically the same as I did the animation, but nothing plays. :thinking:

Upvote 0
hey guys,
I was trying to follow the steps outlined earlier - for getting the bootanimation.zip file to: /data/local
on the device.. any thoughts as to why the following error message might come up..? Thanks.
-----
jjl44@jjl44-ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux_86/tools$ ./adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
error: insufficient permissions for device
-----

forgot to add that i did have the USB debugging option enabled as well..

Upvote 0
Its to early in the morning but I put together something special on the MP3 front for the boot animation. I will make sure I get a video of it. I dig it but I might be the only one. Anyways latter on today I will upload the vidoe of it and see what you think.

awesome audio. recommend a program to make my own mp3 file like that?

I used Acoustica mp3 audio mixer worked great. I may need to add a little more after the droid but I put my own spin on it. How you guys like it.

Upvote 0
Wayne/others-
Is it possible to make one post outlining the exact commands/steps to do to get the new Boot screen/animation to work? Sorry, not meaning to be a d!ck or anything, but seems there's a bunch of threads of "try this", "oops, no do this", etc, where it's very confusing if you want to do this. Or at least to me? :)
I love your boot up screen Wayne and would love to do that. Thanks!

Upvote 0
YouTube - Droid Incredible Custom Boot

Thanks to you guys help I have done both sound and custom boot video...

:) I put this video up just to show it off - Thanks much!

That is totally cool! Thanks for sharing!

I would also like to see a "simple" tutorial posted. The one from the other site that is referenced in the first post of this thread seems to assume that you already know what you're doing, which for some of us, is not the case. LOL

I got the animation to work by following the "You Tube" video, step by step and pausing it where needed and taking notes.

As mentioned, I have the custom boot animation working great, but have had no luck with the sound. It is the same one you're using (Thank you) but it won't play.

Any help will be appreciated! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones