1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

INCREDIBLE CASES - Which is best? Please post pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JSS12, May 24, 2010.

1. alison03

alison03 Android Enthusiast

Interesting. I hadn't heard that but it makes sense because the camera sticks out and the majority of the people with cracked screens had naked phones. I have no idea from personal experience but I'd assume if it was dropped on a flat surface it would prevent this from happening because the case makes the camera lens flush...so it is 'underneath' the case - on a flat surface that is. Obviously if there was a rock or a place sticking up and it hit the camera it still would push through the glass screen or whatever the case was. Not sure if that makes sense. :eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Sweet! Was worried about the silicone!
    Thanks!

3. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Android Expert

I like the VZW case with the belt clip. Black, slim, attractive cross-hatching on it.

4. sproket343

sproket343 Lurker

I'm really liking the hard glossy silicone case that Verizon sells. Its all one piece, hardly adds any size, fits really snug and has just enough rubber bounce quality to save it in a fall.

It had some slight injection molding lines around the outside on the case I got, but a super Sharp razor blade smoothed em right out.

Love this case.

5. x0x

x0x Android Enthusiast

Haha, and I thought I was the only who was particular enough to use the razor blade to smooth out the molding. Worked like a charm.

Love the glossy silicone case. Matches the phone perfectly.

6. sproket343

sproket343 Lurker

Yeah. It jacked up my protector too. I've just ended up going with no screen protection. The incredible uses a gorilla glass screen so hopefully ill be ok.

7. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Member

I run a verizon silicone (black) with the Steinheil AF screen protector without issue. It does overlap a mm or 2, but has not caused the screen protector to bubble or show any other issues.

It's clear as the day I installed it....

8. R0llTide

R0llTide Member

I bought the body glove from verizon but found it too bulky. I recently picked one up on ebay - SMOKE BLK Crystal Skin Gel Case HTC Droid Incredible. It looks like the silicone case from verizon but half the price. I prefer it over the body glove.
    Forgot to mention that I bought one for my Eris from the same ebay seller. I dropped it onto the pavement from about 3 to 4 feet. It landed face first and came out with zero damage. Hence the reason I went back to the same seller for te DI.

9. ShiftLft

ShiftLft Member

I don't use a case on a daily basis as I'm pretty careful about my phone, although the one place that isn't the best environment is the gym (wet, sweaty machines). So tonight actually, I picked up the silicone black VZW case and it seems nice so far. Adds a little bit of bulk but nothing major. I'll only be using it when I'm at the gym.

I'm not sure how everyone else's silicone cases are but I tested it by putting the phone (in case) in my pocket for a minute and just in that time it got a bunch of teeny little lint stuff around the edges the case creates. I imagine this could get pretty ugly if used on a daily basis.

10. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)

Haha I did the same thing as you guys. The border had that some weird excess molding so I ran a blade across to smoothen it out

11. s.hasan546

s.hasan546 Newbie

i have the black silicon case and the verizon shell/holster case. I use both. the dinc with the black silicon case actually fits perfectly in the holster. Ofcourse i wouldnt have done this if both of them only cost me $15 ( i work at verizon). i would not pay $30 each. My cost on the silicon case is only $4

12. dak244

dak244 Member

I know Seido Innocase II hasn't been shipped yet, but anyone have any idea how the VZW Silicone (which I have) and Innocase II compare in Thickness/Bulkiness?

13. jmcharles

jmcharles Lurker

I bought the case with belt clip before I even got the phone in the mail. This was my first touch screen phone and I didn't feel comfortable just keeping it in my pocket all the time. Anyway, this case/clip combo is perfect. Protects the phone and doesn't interfere with my Steinheil screen protector. To add to that, I don't like to keep it clipped on my belt, so I tried just clipping the phone on my pocket, with it inside the pocket, and it's PERFECT! Protects the phone while it's in my pocket, and it's concealed and easily accessible.

BOTTOM LINE: Highly recommended if you see yourself having similar needs from a case.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Seconded. Had the VZW holster / shell combo deal from day one, but never fully liked how it a) Left parts of the device exposed - especially when not holstered, and b) Failed to sufficiently protect the camera lens.

The Body Glove product addresses both of those shortcomings - plus it has a removable belt clip. At 24.99 at Best Buy, it's also cheaper than the VZW deal - and a little more stylish looking as well.

Side note: It "works" well with the Zagg Invisble Shield. (No, I'm not a plant from Zagg. Or Best Buy.)

15. thejoker

thejoker Newbie

Glossy Verizon silicon case here too. Is sweet but heats up quickly in the sun, causes sweaty hands, and so on... may return in favor of the Innocase II.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It also did this to my skinomi screen protector. now there are smudges on 3 corners. the case pushed it back. its a nice case but i am returning it right away.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews