• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories INCREDIBLE CASES - Which is best? Please post pictures

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
New York City, NY
Hey all,

After a month of going naked with my Incredible, I've decided its time to get a case. I have sifted through most of the accessories threads on this site and there does not seem to be a consensus as to which are the best cases.

I'm looking for something that won't increase the size of my phone ten-fold, and yet is solid enough to protect my phone from the occasional fall.

Please post pictures of your phones in your cases to help those of us who are still deciding.

Thanks in advance!

I'm actually waiting for any of the companies to release the extended larger battery and a case to go along with it. In the meantime, I ordered a cheapy case from ebay. Theres tons of em if you just do a search on "hard rubber case"

I got my girlfriend one for her Samsung Reality which she really likes, so I figure I'd get one for myself too - I figure $6 is a small price to pay to keep my phone covered in the meantime.

Upvote 0
Waiting to see how the otterbox case looks. I'm either getting Seido or Otterbox.

+1

A coworker just came into my office and had a blue Seido case on his iPhone; now that was one nice looking case. Either a Otterbox or a Seido with a color would be fine with me; I'm just tired of plain old black cases like the BG one I currently have.

Upvote 0
I really wish Otterbox would release something. The commuter case looks really good. Though I may wait until the extended battery release for a really nice case.

Right now I'm using the leather snap on case from Verizon.

Waiting to see how the otterbox case looks. I'm either getting Seido or Otterbox.

I think someone in these forums has been able to get an Otterbox rep to say they're planning on making an Incredible case, but personally I've contacted them about 5 different times and I've been stonewalled each time. I even have tried coaxing them into giving me off the record info and they still give me the following:

"Unfortunately, I don't have any information beyond that OtterBox is exploring case options for the DROID Incredible. Even off the record, here in Customer Service we aren't usually told about upcoming products until they're launched on our website. I'm sorry that I can't be of more assistance."

So who knows when they'll release what we want :(

Any cases that protect the extruding camera lens? I had my phone in my pocket and bumped into my open car door and put a small dent in the aluminum housing of the lens. I didn't damage the camera or anything, but I made me aware of the potential because it sticks on so far.

Most of the cases out there are ticker/taller/whatever-you-want-to-call-it than the camera. This stands true for the Innocase II, the VZW silicone cases, the VZW bodyglove, etc. While none of them provide a flap that closes over the case, the protection comes front the fact that the case should be the first to make contact with an object approaching the back of the phone.

Personally my opinion on the current cases is as follows (I should note that it doesn't come from personal experiences. I formed my opinions after a LOT of reading and viewing the case pictures).

Current best all around case: Innocase II
> I say this based on the past performance and build of these cases. They have no reason to fall short of their previous achievements with the Incredible's case, so it's most likely of the same quality. That said, I won't be buying one of these b/c of the back. A quick glance will tell you that it most certainly will not lay flat on its back and it's very likely to even be wobbly. That is a deal breaker for me.

My pick: Verizon Silicone case
> This bad boy is relatively cheap, seems to offer a pretty good amount of protection, has a relatively flat back, seems pretty thin, doesn't attract much dust or lint and can be purchased at most retail vzw stores. Win.... for now.

Upvote 0
I was looking through all the cases a while back and bough one of the silicone ones at Verizon to hold me over until I made a decision. However, I've grown to like the case so much that I'm no longer looking and just going to keep it. It fits the phone extremely well and has been probably the least bulky case I've ever owned.

Reactions: wryun
Upvote 0
I have the Verizon silicone case and love it. Here are my pics:

posters071.jpg

posters073.jpg

posters065.jpg

posters068.jpg

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
Anyone else have problems with the Verizon silicone case "boogering" up the corners of your screen protector? I paid Best Buy $20 + $8 to install my Zagg Invisishield and my screen protector looks like garbage now. Two installs of the case - once after the protector was put on, and a second to install my memory card. After the first corner pushed up I was using two thin flat screwdrivers to attempt to stretch the case onto the phone and not wreck the protector any further. That helped but the damage was done. Very PO'ed and disappointed.

Upvote 0
Anyone else have problems with the Verizon silicone case "boogering" up the corners of your screen protector? I paid Best Buy $20 + $8 to install my Zagg Invisishield and my screen protector looks like garbage now. Two installs of the case - once after the protector was put on, and a second to install my memory card. After the first corner pushed up I was using two thin flat screwdrivers to attempt to stretch the case onto the phone and not wreck the protector any further. That helped but the damage was done. Very PO'ed and disappointed.

Not personally as I have a Steinheil protector (as seen in the pics) and the case doesn't push up the shield at all but I've read a lot on the boards that the silicone case does that to the Zagg shields.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones