• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible just partially factory reset itself

joshb

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
I don't know what to call it but my Droid shut down when it ran out of battery and when I started it back again it started off with the typing tutorial and all my contacts were gone, several apps were missing (but not all), Facebook and other accounts were unlinked and all browser history, cookies, bookmarks, and the such were erased. Many apps which are still on the phone now force close whenever I try to start them and other programs (even the Market) have restarted like it was the first time opening, it asks me to accept its terms and conditions.

The weird thing is that my calendar, email account, and text messages were all intact. This is very weird, any ideas of what went on? Should I be concerned that this will occur again? :eek:

Word for word, my Incredible just did the same thing - the only exception is that my contacts weren't deleted. Apps are missing, others have had to be reinstalled to even function, & my home screen is FUBAR. All my web bookmarks are gone. All settings have been reset to factory. This all happened shortly after two updates to apps. What the hell happened to my phone? I've only had it for a month & run v2.2 - any insight would be appreciated...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones