1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Incredible lost netowork on mms!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hanneman1011, May 19, 2010.

1. Hanneman1011

Hanneman1011 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Sucks
    Bloomington, IN
    Ok sitting at home, getting ready to go to bed, friend sends me a MMS. So I go to download and I noticed that I have no 3G connection, not even 1x, So I try to download it and it tells me that there is Generic Network Failure. Now I can't make any calls or do anything. It was working fine until i got the MMS. I have tried changing the size to download and just about every setting. I can't figure it out. I love this phone, but now it is starting to make me mad!! I hope somebody can help me out. Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    You could always try turning off and on your phone to see if it fixes you issue.

3. Hanneman1011

Apr 8, 2010
    Sucks
    Bloomington, IN
    That was the first thing i did, I tried a hard reboot, nothing, But just now I woke it up and it said that the android process for the mms needed to be forced closed but I had signal back, So i forced closed it and now I lose signal again! what is going on? Did somehow the MMS kick me off the network, I try to make a call and this is what it says

"thank carrier access code not reconized by this network 6680-1"

4. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    hmm...I never had this happen so I'm not sure. Another thing you could try is *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone. If that doesn't work you should call verizon.

Are you using a third party app for mms? Just curious.

Hanneman1011 likes this.
  5. Hanneman1011

Apr 8, 2010
    Sucks
    Bloomington, IN
    I am using the stock messaging app, Should I use a different one? with sms I seem to be fine. this is the first MMS I got in over a month and now it is starting to do this.

EDIT: I tried re-programing it and it is still doing it. I am going to take it into the store tomorrow and try to find out what is wrong. Worst case. I still have 3 days to return the phone... But I don't want to. But thank you for your help.