• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible NE2 at Best Buy

Teh_Higgins

Mar 22, 2010
My verizon plan has a NE2 upgrade coming May 23. I've talked to verizon employees and that date is set in stone as far as getting the discount goes (at verizon). Is it any different at Best Buy? Would they possibly be able to get me an Incredible at the NE2 price a month before hand or do i just have to wait?

Just called VZ warranty repair because my phone was acting up. They wanted to bump my date up so they didn't have to send me a replacement a week b4 my NE2 comes. If you date is close and you have the warranty you may want to have a "broke" phone and get them to give you the NE2 early.

Upvote 0
Just some clarification on the NE2 - I got a BB Curve Sept. of 08. My local store which is NOT a premium retailer says I can upgrade May 11 of this year - that there is a 120 day window. Is that window the same as you guys are referring to? Or can you upgrade even eariler? I know when I had trackball issues back in March one of the reps was willing to "try to call and see if" I could upgrade early since they weren't a cooperate store - the closest was 90 miles away and they couldn't replace or fix the phone.

Upvote 0
is getting NE2 something new at best buy? Or even at premium retailers?

2 years ago when my NE2 was up I tried going to best buy. I was told I could not use my NE2 credit. I asked them about it and the employees didn't know much because it seemed rather stupid. what's the point of carrying it if you didn't offer the credit and prices for equipment was practically the same as going to verizon store or even online.

Upvote 0
Wrong. We renewed my wife's contract at Best Buy 2 weeks ago. We got a Droid Eris for free with the NE2.

BB had the Eris for Free to all 2 weeks ago. Picked one up for my wife on a secondary line as an upgrade.

The NE2 at 20 months is to entice you to get a new phone prior to your 24 month contract expiring and have you sign a new 2 year agreement.

Upvote 0
I called Verizon earlier this week to find out what my upgrade date is. Basically, the NE2 date posted on the site is 20 months into your contract, but I knew that they have an early upgrade deal. While not as good, I'm prepared to use that for the Incredible. Anyway, per the rep I spoke to, the early upgrade is from 12 months to 19 months into my 2 year contract. That puts the date at 6/8/10. I'm hoping I can call back after the Incredible is released and talk them into bumping it up a bit, with the justification that upgrading my phone will bring with it a data package on my plan. I'm hoping that the extra money I'll be putting in every month might assist in getting the phone a bit sooner. Think I'll have any luck? I've never had a late payment and I've been with them for 5 years now. Let's hope!!

Upvote 0
I called Verizon earlier this week to find out what my upgrade date is. Basically, the NE2 date posted on the site is 20 months into your contract, but I knew that they have an early upgrade deal. While not as good, I'm prepared to use that for the Incredible. Anyway, per the rep I spoke to, the early upgrade is from 12 months to 19 months into my 2 year contract. That puts the date at 6/8/10. I'm hoping I can call back after the Incredible is released and talk them into bumping it up a bit, with the justification that upgrading my phone will bring with it a data package on my plan. I'm hoping that the extra money I'll be putting in every month might assist in getting the phone a bit sooner. Think I'll have any luck? I've never had a late payment and I've been with them for 5 years now. Let's hope!!

Never hurts to try!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones