1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Incredible or Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mandrew, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    The only phone that i could see maybe having a very small chance of possibly leading me slightly away from the Incredible is the Desire. Here's how I see it:

incredible........................desire
    ----------------------------------
    verizon...................<<.....att
    768mhz - 1ghz.........=......1ghz
    512 ram.................>=......576 ram
    8mp 2 flash............<=......5mp 1 flash
    touch buttons..........?.......physical buttons
    ugly......................>>......beautiful

As my handy chart shows, the incredible has a major advantage on network and the desire has a major advantage on looks. I don't know where I stand on physical vs touch buttons (especially if they have N1-type problems) and the rest of the specs are roughly equal, or not of great importance to me. Right now, the advantage arrows are showing a tie. Convince me to make them go one way or another!

I am coming from t-mobile so any network would be an upgrade, and I think price is about the same for either choice.

Advertisement

2. MisterG694

MisterG694 Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Student
    Southern California
    i think your concept of less-than and greater-than signs is a little off...

BuTbKa, heyeaglefn, QrafTee and 9 others like this.
  3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    It looks to be confirmed that the Incredible has 512MB ROM + 8GB flash memory built-in which means a LOT more room for apps and such. The Desire has only 512MB ROM. Huge benefit for the Incredible until they upgrade Android to allow app storage on SD.

4. I was a little confused myself. I saw that first line and my face went::thinking:

Let me revise that for you so its a little easier to read for people (with corrected specs).

incredible........................desire
    ----------------------------------
    verizon......>.....att
    1ghz.........=......1ghz
    512 ram.......................576 ram --- The Incredible may have a possibility of coming with 1Gb of RAM, so I'd say this is up in the air.

8mp 2 flash............>......5mp 1 flash
    touch buttons.................physical buttons
    ugly............................beautiful
    -- The last two are VERY, VERY subjective so having one greater than the other is a bit misleading unless of course its your own personal opinion. Also, don't forget the flash memory. The Incredible is coming with 6 GB.

5. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I wouldn't say the Desire is an ugly phone, but it's definitely not as pretty as the incredible. That's just my opinion though, I also think capacitive buttons are way better looking (if they work right).

We can't even be sure that an AT&T Desire would have the same specs as the Euro version either.

6. v4npro

v4npro Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Not to mention, AT&T & Apple love nest. I don't think they will make the Desire a better choice than the iPhone.

I'm currently on AT&T and even if their 3G speed is faster, the less drop calls on Verizon will make up for it so I'm looking forward using the Incredible with Verizon.

7. We can only hope (as being Android fans) that AT&T does not handicap the Desire as they did the Backflip. Not only that, but delete off vital components like Google search.

8. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    the black/w red highlights incredible is better looking to me than the desire which in comparison is rather plain, like the N1 (imo)

9. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    They probably will. The HTC Desire featuring....Yahoo?

10. Seriously. Don't forget the inability to install non-market and beta apps, and AT&T bloatware all over.

11. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    If you dont mind dropped calls and less coverage go with att. By far verizon has superior service.

12. schwarma

schwarma Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Enginerd
    Jersey...nowhere near Snooky
    If the Incredible drops in early April, can you wait the extra 1-2 months to get the Desire? I doubt that I will be able to.

I'm on AT&T and I hate it. Dropped calls, missed voicemails, late SMS's....I left Verizon for an iPhone, it's only fitting that I return to leave it in the Incredible's dust.

13. Mandophone

Mandophone New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Hello all, have been following HTC Incredible forum for awhile and was going to jump from US Cellular to Verizon in order to get the Inc., then heard about the HTC Desire coming to USCellular in the summer. They are my current carrier, coverage is good on calls but no information about their data plans, etc.

Anyone willing to help me understand the differences between the two phones ~ I have never owned a smartphone, I have read the specs carefully.... I know the main differences being the camera. Beyond that, any more specific or hands-on experiences would be greatly appreciated.

thx

14. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    For all intents and purposes they're the same phone. Pick the one available when you want it on the carrier you want.

Mandophone likes this.
  15. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Yeah, OP didn't pass math for sure. :p

Anyway, the Incredible--maXTouch > Clearpad2000.

16. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Teacher
    NJ

thank you! You read my mind!!