• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

incredible or thundebolt

quest7

Android Enthusiast
May 9, 2010
I have a chance to get the TB for 200.00. I currently have the Dinc, and happy with it. Now, I would like the larger screen and a 32 gb card is also nice.

I understand about the battle life on the TB. But, I'm wondering how any old Dinc owners feel about the TB. Thanks.

Edit...
The 4g and ffc is not a big deal to me. Mostly the screen size and SD card.

I upgraded to the thunderbolt from the Dinc. I love the Thunderbolt, the larger screen is so nice to use a majority of the time. I havent come close to filling up its sd card. Its a nice upgrade, but if your happy with your Dinc I would wait for a dual core phone. Unless this upgrade is not signing you up for a new contract i would wait it out a bit.

Upvote 0
I upgraded to the thunderbolt from the Dinc. I love the Thunderbolt, the larger screen is so nice to use a majority of the time. I havent come close to filling up its sd card. Its a nice upgrade, but if your happy with your Dinc I would wait for a dual core phone. Unless this upgrade is not signing you up for a new contract i would wait it out a bit.

Thanks guys. I am happy with the Dinc, just trying to keep up with the latest tech, I guess.

I looked at some videos and reviews for both the TB and Dinc2. They don't seem like a major upgrade, so I may just save my money and sit this one out. Gonna miss that bigger screen though, lol.

Upvote 0
I just came from a DINC to the TBolt today and am liking it so far...though I can already tell the battery life is basically useless (hence why I ordered the 2750). I only have a few hours of use to speak of, but I'm liking it so far. 4G is definitely nice...but if that's of no matter to you, I guess its a mute point.

Upvote 0
Screen size and the 32 Gb memory card are what matters, eh? Maybe I'm just pointing out the obvious, but it seems the more cost-effective solution would be buying a 32 gig micro sd card for your DINC - at half the cost of the TB itself - and calling it a day. When you also factor in having to plunk down an extra 40 - 60 bucks for the requisite extended battery, you'd definitely come out better on the other side.

For me, screen size and the included 32 GB sd card aren't even the TB's best specs versus the DINC's. More impressive, I think, are the FFC and faster browsing speed - feeling quicker than the DINC's even at just 3G (Can't personally speak to 4G - not available here). Other than those aspects, both devices feel and function fairly similarly in my lowly layperson's hands.

(Oh yeah, the TB's kickstand is kinda cool in a way I'd never expected: Hands-free video recording - with the aforementioned FFC, especially.)

So, I guess unless you've got a real bad case of screen envy and/or money to burn, stick with the DINC for now. Especially if you're happy with it. I had no complaints with mine - a smartphone first for me.

Upvote 0
This is an easy decision if you are in reach of a 4G network....Thunderbolt all the way if so. If not, all depends on the size difference, which honestly is a personal preference!

I agree with this man. My Thunderbolt performs very well. The battery endurance is not so good, but all my friends complain about this regardless of the phone they carry.

Upvote 0
I had an incredible before and it was probably my favorite of all the Android phones before the Thunderbolt. I started looking on Ebay to pick up a used Incredible recently and ended up going all the way and grabbing a new Thunderbolt instead. BUT if you already have a Dinc then stick with it. I decided to take the plunge for,

-Kickstand ( surprisingly I use the living hell out of that thing)
-HUGE screen with no pentile matrix (bugged the hell out of me on the Dinc)
-Voice and Data at the same time is handy
-Ability to use LTE (even though its not available here yet)
-Grandfathered into LTE unlimited pricing
-Front Facing Camera is an awesome addition and SO overdue
-32 GeeBees
-3G is screaming fast and even held full bars in the hospital today which NEVER happened with any device before.

Battery life hasn't been bad for me. It was pretty good stock and excellent on Liquid Thundersense. Battery life has been comparable to the iPhones so far but I use the ever living hell out of my phone. Like BT streaming music for 8-10 hours a day. I throw it on the charger every day at lunch and top it off and I can make it through the day fine. I have done this with every Blackberry, WinMo, iPhone and Android device for years. You never go home with a dead battery and always know what to expect and you don't have to sacrifice any features.

GMB

Upvote 0
This may be a dumb question, but what do you use the ffc for? Unless the other person has one also.

All kinds of geeky stuff. To name a few,

-Video messaging
-email messaging
-self portrait pictures
-use as mirror when your shopping for new shades etc
-My kids LOVE to play with it
-Video chat
-Some apps like Vignette or Fatbooth support it

I haven't tried video chatting with the Thunderbolt but I used it all the time on the iPhone. And some apps like Morfo on iPhone use it and makes it super easy to get started. I'm sure there are many apps that can utilize it on Android.

GMB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones