1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Incredible owners hobbies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by secretLOVER, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MyronW

MyronW Lurker
    None

May 13, 2010
    Quality Engineer
    So. Cal.
    Hobby? This is my hobby, at least for now! At various times I've been involved in .22 silhouette shooting, defensive pistol shooting, and building computers. I ruined my favorite hobby- woodworking, when I bought a furniture repair business and went broke. I still have a great shop, but it just kills me to go work in it. :(
    We have 6 kids at home, most with special needs, so I have very little free time. I love this phone, not just for it's amazing capabilities, but also for the little mind-breaks it gives me when I need an escape from the madness here at Casa de Chaos!

Advertisement

2. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert
    None

I'm a semi retired electronics tech, now splitting time between that and the family farm (inheriting it.) Like a few others I build PCs for myself and act as tech support for others. I play around with car stereo & home theater systems (professional audio systems was one of the things I install/troubleshoot). I've been slowly restoring a 1969 Olds 442 (costs a bit of money to restore a car that isn't a chevy/ford/mopar). I'm a huge music & tv/movie buff, and I like to read up on history, cars, & tech. That's pretty much it.

3. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert
    None

I'm actually just getting into shooting again. It's a lot cheaper to shoot on a farm than in the city. The last time I was into it was when I was in school (about 16 years ago).

In the last couple years I picked up a Para 1911 .45 (got a Kimber .22 conversion kit & switch back and forth), and a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 with a Burris 3-9x40 scope. After I aligned the scope I put 5 rounds in around 1.25". Not bad considering I hadn't touched a gun in 15 years. It takes me back to my youth, can't ask for more than that.

4. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Car Crash Research
    New Jersey
    Camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking and paintball (it's been awhile since I picked up a marker though...)

I like to build my own PC's and my Incredible is my new obsession.

Like a lot of the other guys on here I've got a bike (Triumph Bonneville), but seem to keep running out of time to get out and ride :(

5. murmur11

murmur11 Newbie
    None

May 25, 2010
    photography... 5D MK-II with 24-70mm f2.8L/50mm f1.2L/135mm f2.0L.. sh...!! my wife has no idea how much do all these equipment cost..

golf... have tried a couple of golf gps apps with my Incredible.. and now i know my distance.. too bad... it's time take some lessons...

6. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    Target shooting, Fixing and modding truck, Slickdealer :), Boxing Fan(Q4 is gonna be good!), Addicted to the Internet, Love playing combat arms.. Gotta have my forum Fixes. Off Road fun! Expedition mainly..

7. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Paramedic
    Prairieville Louisiana
    I brew beer, make wine, and cook. When I am feeling really lazy I am a Stumble Upon addict.

8. elwray

elwray Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Environmental
    Central NJ
    I completely forgot about SU .... I might have to get back into that .....

9. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Army
    Maryland
  10. shawn487

shawn487 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 20, 2009
    Sencore Electronics
    South Dakota
    I like to take long walks on the beach, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping(and I am not talking that bullshit travel trailer shit) things that are out doors since I spend my day at work sitting behind a desk and reading these forums. I also like to go off road driving and snow boarding. Pretty much anything where I can get lost in the woods I like. Really wish Garmin or some other large topo company would come out with topo maps for the android phones that just use the GPS and pre loaded maps and I could get rid of my portable GPS... So far all I can find is Back Country Navigator which works okay but is sometimes a lil buggy.

11. wrestlingnrj

wrestlingnrj Newbie
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Computer Repair Tech
    SoCal
    Let's see, my girlfriend always tells me I have too many, which I probably do:

Dirt Biking, Scuba diving, Wakeboarding, Cars, Firearms (sport, competition, hunting), started getting into Photography last year, Airsoft, Watches, Camping (outdoors in general). So many things so little money.

I really want to get into Skydiving, I've yet to go myself, but have always wanted to.

I work in IT (support desk/repair tech) like a lot of others here, but I pretty much avoid computers outside of work.

12. elwray

elwray Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Environmental
    Central NJ
    I feel the same way about the phone GPS software... then again, those little handheld GPS units are so cheap nowadays I might have to get one...

13. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    Southern Colorado
    I enjoy camping, hunting, fishing and general outdoor activities, but can't seem to get out as much as I would like. I enjoy and do a lot of cooking. My big passion is theoretical physics and cosmology, especially super string theory.

14. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Android Enthusiast
    None

May 27, 2010
    Quite a few things;

Paintball
    Karting
    Rock Climbing

Have a new baby on the way as well which I'm sure will take up some time.