• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible - Pre-ordering online and Corporate Discounts

jorell

Apr 7, 2010
I'm getting ready to move to VZW and the Incredible but was wondering if anyone has insight on (pre-)ordering online and applying Corporate discounts available through my company. I'm not talking about getting a work phone for my company through VZW, but discounts available because of an agreement with VWZ and my employer (% off monthly service, accessory discounts, no activation fee).

Can I pre-order online now and then call customer service when service is activated in order to have the Corporate discount applied? And, can I get the $35 activation fee credited back after the fact?

Or, is my best bet to go to a VZW store on the 29th? I'd prefer to have the phone pre-ordered as I'll be pretty upset if the stores sell out...I can't wait much longer for this phone! But, if there's too much of a hassle to apply the Corporate discount after the fact, I guess I'd have to patiently wait until the 29th and hope stores don't sell out.

Anyone in the same boat right now or who's gone through a similar dilemma? Thanks in advance.

My coporate discount is already applied to my account via my phone number verified by my corporate email. Wether its accessories, new phone, etc. You'll see the original price crossed out and the corporate price in red below it. If you don't then you need to call so they can verify your employment.

Upvote 0
I went through my company's (Honeywell) web page to direct me to VZW. Went really good actually. No activation fee, 19% off voice, 20% off data, and 35% accessories(didn't buy any/ price still higher than Amazon etc). My company email is fubarbed at the moment so I didn't have email account to use. Just used the link.

Upvote 0
SUCCESS! Thanks for the responses above. I went through my employer's intranet to the VZW Corporate accounts page. Put in my work email. Received email from VZW immediately. Clicked on that link (which warned that it would expire in 72 hours), which directed me to to the phones page.

I went through the ordering process - this time, it showed the regular price AND the discounted price. It looks like I get 15% off the phone, 23% off the voice plan, and 20% off the data plan. 25% off of accessories, too, but I didn't buy any. No discounts on texting plans.

Anyways, my out-the-door price was $229.99+tax=$281.66 out the door for a 1-year contract (I'll be a new customer - coming from TMO). This includes the $100 instant rebate. The free overnight shipping didn't appear automatically - I used the FREEOVERNT code in the cart and it was accepted.

Now, I just have to play the waiting game...reading up on apps and accessories and everything else this site offers. My next quandary is figuring out how to get all my contacts over. I'm sure that's a thread for that.

Great site - lots of useful information being posted. Keep it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones