1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Incredible = radio with use of apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by renesis22, Apr 20, 2010.

1. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hey everyone,

I'm going to be purchasing an Droid Incredible as soon as it comes out and I can't wait! But I have a general question regarding radio use from apps like last.fm or pandora (I'm coming from an LG Dare... UGH!).

Like an FM transmitter, can these smartphones be connected to a car's auxilary input thing and play the music from apps? I was driving home and I noticed every single station was playing either Rihanna or Imma Bee... Getting sick of listening to the same crap all day long.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't think it has an fm transmitter, just receiver, but you can prob find one to plug into the headphone jack.

I don't know much about aux input things. I know bluetooth will also work if your car has it.

3. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Yes. Just hook it up and it'll take the audio from the phone and play it over your car speakers.

4. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    college (Computer Science)
    VA
    Yup, just get a 3.5 M-M cable. I'm guessing this is an aftermarket radio which might be able to receive music via bluetooth as well.

5. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Student
    IL
    Actually, most new cars now have either an aux input (usually in the center console or glove box) or a usb connection with or without aux.

Also, in the 2011 Ford Fiesta (and newer Ford vehicles), there is a feature where the car syncs with the apps on your phone, including Pandora and Twitter.
    Check it out: 2011 Ford Fiesta to include AppLink, voice-control Blackberry and Android apps [w/videos] — Autoblog

renesis22 likes this.
  6. renesis22

Apr 20, 2010
    Yeah, my car has an aux in plug. So, I would just have to find a cable that is USB/Aux I'm assuming?

7. OnThePharm

OnThePharm Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Nope. The droid has a 3.5 mm jack (normal headphone jack) that should match the one on your radio. You just need a male-male cord.

renesis22 likes this.
  8. renesis22

Apr 20, 2010
    Goodbye FM radio! :) (If it works... haha)

9. jrbaker8

jrbaker8 Active Member

Feb 5, 2010
    US ARMY
    Georgia
    the only thing fm radio is good for these days is funny morning shows imo...