• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible = radio with use of apps?

renesis22

Apr 20, 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be purchasing an Droid Incredible as soon as it comes out and I can't wait! But I have a general question regarding radio use from apps like last.fm or pandora (I'm coming from an LG Dare... UGH!).

Like an FM transmitter, can these smartphones be connected to a car's auxilary input thing and play the music from apps? I was driving home and I noticed every single station was playing either Rihanna or Imma Bee... Getting sick of listening to the same crap all day long.

Thanks!

Yup, just get a 3.5 M-M cable. I'm guessing this is an aftermarket radio which might be able to receive music via bluetooth as well.

Actually, most new cars now have either an aux input (usually in the center console or glove box) or a usb connection with or without aux.

Also, in the 2011 Ford Fiesta (and newer Ford vehicles), there is a feature where the car syncs with the apps on your phone, including Pandora and Twitter.
Check it out: 2011 Ford Fiesta to include AppLink, voice-control Blackberry and Android apps [w/videos] — Autoblog

Reactions: renesis22
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones