1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incredible Reboots instead of powering off...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redbean25, Dec 20, 2011.

1. redbean25

redbean25 Guest

Ok, so lately when I choose Power Off, the phone screen goes black as if it powered off, then the HTC screen pops up and it reboots. I then booted into recovery and chose power off from there, and the same thing happens...it reboots. I've tried using QuickBoot and the same result occurs.

I am Rooted, S-OFF and running Cyanogenmod7.1.

Anyone have an idea why my Dinc won't power off short of removing and keeping the battery out?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Interesting, I personally haven't heard of this problem before. Out of curiousity, have you tried powering it of while it's plugged in?
    Next step would be to try out another ROM (alternatively you can just try flashing CM7 again after a complete wipe); obviously make a backup first. If it still doesn't power off you may have a hardware issue.

3. rawr86

rawr86 Newbie

I had that happen to me when I had just rooted my phone. I had to reflash the ROM to get it to stop.

4. redbean25

redbean25 Guest

Interesting...well I'll do a nandroid backup, then reinstall and see. I'll first try it without wiping everything as I don't feel like reinstalling everything right now with travel coming up for the holidays...if that doesn't work, then I'll give it the full go after I get back.

5. redbean25

redbean25 Guest

Ok...wiped dalvic cache and the cache partition, then re-installed the cyanogenmod7.1 zip file...

no change.

Guess I could wipe the whole thing and start over...maybe later. For now I'll just pull the battery.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews