• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Incredible ROMS website

I meant why not try other roms. Seems pointless to go thru this process and not even give other roms a shot.

And feel free to drop the attitude. We can deal without the dumb replies just fine

dude i ment it to be funny but i have tried other roms and so far i like sense and will wait till froyo and sense or maybe just froyo to try it out

Upvote 0
I am just wondering if HTC releases froyo . . .

Can i install it even with a rooted Dinc?
If I install it will it bring me all the way back to unroot status???

If there is an OTA update, you will most likely have to wait a day or two at most before it's available as a manual update, so just decline the OTA and wait for it to become available here.

Upvote 0
What I've been trying to understand...is what changes in the ROM necessitate a wipe? And are we likely to get some ROMs that do not require a wipe?

Call me lazy, but I'd prefer not to have to go back and re-install all my applications after installing a new ROM. :)

Also, when they do the OTA updates it does not require a wipe, so it is obviously feasible...and I'm curious what they do differently.

Upvote 0
What I've been trying to understand...is what changes in the ROM necessitate a wipe? And are we likely to get some ROMs that do not require a wipe?

Call me lazy, but I'd prefer not to have to go back and re-install all my applications after installing a new ROM. :)

Also, when they do the OTA updates it does not require a wipe, so it is obviously feasible...and I'm curious what they do differently.

thats what titanium backup is for, it reinstalls all your apps and settings for you :)

Upvote 0
1)does your messages icon work by default
2) when you install the google apps, does your gmail work? mine force closes and I've tried wiping and reinstalling the rom for a third time now and still doesnt work if i get an email i get the notifier, and if i click it I go into gmail and see the email, but then it force closes....shame....

No the google apps do not work with the apps.zip file, but ejlax on xda-developers forum found a workaround to at least get the gmail portion working:
ozzeh ROM: unrevolved.zip - Page 4 - xda-developers

Basically just download the working Gmail-Orig.apk and boot into recovery. Then follow these instructions:

partitions menu -> mount system, mount sdcard

then in command:

adb shell
cat /sdcard/Gmail-Orig.apk > /system/app/Gmail.apk

Personally I just unzipped the apps.zip folder, located the Gmail.apk file (believe it is under system>apps>Gmail.apk) and replaced it with the Gmail_Orig.apk file (renamed of course to Gmail.apk). Then I zipped it back up, put it on the sd root and booted into recovery and installed as normal.

Worked out great and Gmail is at least functional now.

Upvote 0
isn't it possible to just do all this from within rom manager?

You can do this from within ROM manager, but to remain safe it is recommended to wipe the data and cache first. This is best done under the recovery menu (two options, wipe data is one and wipe cache is the other, do both). Make sure the ROM is on the SD card and once you wipe, just install the ROM (does not need to be named update)

Reactions: crimton
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones