1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Incredible Running Leaked GB ROM and BMW iDrive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nnatic, Jun 29, 2011.

1. nnatic

nnatic Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    I just picked up a 2007 BMW 335i with idrive and bluetooth but I am about to go crazy trying to get the address book to sync with the car.

I have an Incredible running the HTC Gingerbread leak from a few months ago and cannot get my address book to sync with the car. My wife has an incredible non-rooted and running 2.2 and hers works like a charm. When she pairs hers it shows as a phone. Mine shows as a Bluetooth headset. This is on the same car and a minute apart. I have repaired over and over and over again with no success. I can make calls from the car with no problems, but this address book just wont sync :(

Anyone have any ideas? What can I do to get this to pair?

Advertisement

2. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    I'm not impressed with the BT stack on the May leak. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with Ford/MS Sync. When using the November OTA or a ROM based off it, my BT works as intended. When using a ROM based off the May leak, I have to grab the phone and hit play every time that it connects in order to get the music started.

My advice would be to not use the current leak if it is missing features that you want/need. It's not ready for prime time. I'm using a custom version of the November OTA due to my love of the stock ROM on this phone. However, there are plenty of ROMs out there to fit anyone's tastes.