• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible S Hearing Aid Compatibility

abirnbau

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
Hi all,

I'd love to dump my BB Bold but it has great hearing aid compatibility (even on GSM networks). In fact, it has M4/T4 (microphone and T-coil respectively) compatibility which is pretty much the holy grail for hearing aid users. M5/T5 would represent perfection but no one has ever produced a device higher than M4/T4.

The Incredible 2 is rated as M4/T4 by Verizon on a US CDMA network. I can't find any rating on the Incredible S which, from what I can tell, is similar but not identical to the Incredible S. Also, CDMA networks are known to have lower interference than GSM networks for hearing aids so I'm reluctant to just accept the Incredible 2 ratings.

Does anyone know the Incredible S rating (it may not be required in Europe where I now live?) or have personal experience using an Incredible S with digital over the ear hearing aids?

Thanks, DB in Prague

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones