• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible S vs Galaxy S!

Recommendation?

• Galaxy S

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Incredible S

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
For gaming, the Galaxy S wins, and the difference is appreciable if you are running truly high end games (IE, games running the Unreal engine, of which there are currently few. I'm only aware of one). For typical gaming, productivity, and phone use, the Incredible S is more future proof, but actual performance differences today are negligible between the two phones.

It's not more future proof at all, Dungeon Defenders is the only unreal engine based game available to everyone, check the supported devices.

High End - Galaxy S
Mid range - Desire HD

For a device that's more future proof that's not a good start.

But time will tell, but that didn't work out too well for the first Desire, I remember simalar discussions back then, I don't think people realised how bad Adreno 200 was back then.

Reactions: Csmiler
Upvote 0
It's not more future proof at all, Dungeon Defenders is the only unreal engine based game available to everyone, check the supported devices.

I'm humbly ask that you re-read my post. I was saying that anything outside of gaming. Faster CPU and more RAM means anything outside of gaming makes the Incredible S more future proof. That cannot be debated.

High End - Galaxy S
Mid range - Desire HD

I'll expand that for you:

Suggested Devices:
Best:
All Tegra 2 Based Devices
High-End:
Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Samsung Galaxy/Captivate based Cell Phones
Samsung Galaxy S
Mid-Range:
Droid X
Droid 2
T-Mobile G2
myTouch 4G
HTC Desire HD

Minimum Requirements:
512 MB RAM (256 free at runtime)
GPU capable of OpenGL ES 2.0
Android 2.1
800 Mhz CPU or greater recommended
SD card with at least 600 MB free storage

Keep in mind that this info came out before the release of the Incredible 2. The Incredible 2 uses the same guts as the MyTouch 4G and Desire HD, meaning they are definitely mid-range.

Now, please clarify your point for me. I CLEARLY stated that the Galaxy S was superior for gaming, but for everything else, the Incredible 2/S is more future proof. Can you please tell me where I was wrong in that statement?

Upvote 0
I'm humbly ask that you re-read my post. I was saying that anything outside of gaming. Faster CPU and more RAM means anything outside of gaming makes the Incredible S more future proof. That cannot be debated.

It can be debated, the CPU performance isnt big enough to make a difference regardless how much time passes.

As for memory intensive apps, yeah maybe but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
It can be debated, the CPU performance isnt big enough to make a difference regardless how much time passes.

As for memory intensive apps, yeah maybe but I doubt it.

I'm sorry, but it seems like you are grasping at straws to make some claim that the Galaxy S is superior. A slower CPU and half the RAM means that it isn't as future proof. That means that, outside of gaming, the Incredible S will always be as fast as or faster than the Galaxy S. There's no debate, no matter how much you want there to be one.

And I agree with you that the Galaxy S is superior for gaming. There's also no debate in that.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but it seems like you are grasping at straws to make some claim that the Galaxy S is superior. A slower CPU and half the RAM means that it isn't as future proof. That means that, outside of gaming, the Incredible S will always be as fast as or faster than the Galaxy S. There's no debate, no matter how much you want there to be one.

I'm not saying the Galaxy S is superior in this regard but I don't feel the advantage is enough to really be futureproof, it's possible, but an undebatable fact? I don't agree with that, at least not based on how much memory the average app currently uses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones