• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Sales Figures?

AcePuppy

Apr 15, 2010
Usually by now there is some sales numbers on a 'huge' new phone. However I haven't seen any sales data or any data coming from analysts regarding the phone. Does anyone know how many they sold from presale time up until this past weekend? Seems kind of odd. They released data quickly with the Droid. Not that I care, just curious.

i saw 150,000 being sold thrown around and now vzw being 'sold out' for now. But not sure how acurate that number is so i am adding to the throwing it around lmao

The 150,000 was what was in the warehouse 3 weeks before it was released. The sold out is a marketing ploy to get people to buy. I had a friend purchase her phone 3 days ago and it was shipped the same day.

Upvote 0
Don't know exact figures, but here are some comments from Verizon CEO last month as well as the sales figures for HTC:

[Verizon CEO] McAdam added that the Droid Incredible would have easily outsold the Motorola Droid, but it is facing the supply issues. McAdam said that Samsung Electronics is to be blame.
Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Could Set Sales Record If Not Faced Shortages of Parts, Says Verizon CEO

HTC Sales Hit Record Figures for April Reports Reuters | WorldTech24 | news 24h
I guess that just includes pre-ordering from April....

Upvote 0
Google really screwed up on the Nexus One by only offering it on there Online store. Also I don't know about everyone else but personally if they would have released the Nexus One to VZW I would have jumped to it instead of the Incredible mostly because I like the trackball and I dislike Sense also I think it's a slightly better looking phone. Only real diffrence is no Internal Memory which blows but still I like it slightly better.
HTC also really dropped the ball on the Incredible not being able to produce them fast enough now with the announcment of the DroidX sales will be dropping and people are going to pull there pending orders .

Upvote 0
Google really screwed up on the Nexus One by only offering it on there Online store. Also I don't know about everyone else but personally if they would have released the Nexus One to VZW I would have jumped to it instead of the Incredible mostly because I like the trackball and I dislike Sense also I think it's a slightly better looking phone. Only real diffrence is no Internal Memory which blows but still I like it slightly better.
HTC also really dropped the ball on the Incredible not being able to produce them fast enough now with the announcment of the DroidX sales will be dropping and people are going to pull there pending orders .

The Nexus one was a project for Google. It showed the other manufacturers what can be accomplished with an Android phone, since Google was unhappy with previous offerings. It was never meant to be a wide release phone, hence why it was offered in a very limited way and never really marketed. Also, since HTC built it to Google's specs using their hardware list, it has a broken multi-touch system while the HTC branded phones are just fine.

Take it as you will, but after seeing the DInc I forgot about the N1.

Upvote 0
Sales took a huge hit due to supply issues. My guess is the common view by VZW is the device will sell half of what it could have, due to the shortage. Demand was very high, but supply has been very low- perfect storm for sales misery, considering several options are looming on the horizon. As of today, VZW still can not get supply to fill channels, yet alone cover current orders. Supply replenishment rates are so low, even low level demand would be too much.

I guess "half", since that is the common view from store managers in my area. My guess is the device will sell at least 500K, but due to the positive reviews, large VZW install base and also the Tmo high-end customer bleed rate, Inc would have easily busted 1M in customer sales.

added:

This could still happen, if the Inc's price point is lowered, in order to differentiate from the Moto's and Galaxy S that are looming on the horizon. Heck, that is just the three that are sure bets- there may be other high-end Android devices as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones