1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Incredible screen cracked - Please help with connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scooter19, Feb 28, 2011.

1. scooter19

scooter19 Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    I apologize that this is so long. Here goes: My screen is no longer working on my Incredible, but as far as I can tell, the phone still operates. I managed to connect to my PC by guessing where to press and retrieved everything stored to the drive that pops up - "F:". However, before I broke my phone, whenever I connected to my PC it brought up two drives - "F:" and "G:". This time I only got F. I think G was my microsd card, but not sure. I have a few questions/requests:

1. Could someone please provide screen shots from the Incredible of the process to connect to a PC, so I know where to press and in what order? I know there are four options, and I am not sure if the one I selected is the reason I could only access the F and not G drives.

2. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve text messages from your phone through a PC? How might one do this?

2a. Theoretically, I should be able to transfer anything stored on the phones harddrive directly to a computer, right? Would that include saved notes, applications, contacts, etc?

3. Does the file manager app (Astro or similar, I forget) automatically save all of your apps? I never manually tried to back up my apps, so I am afraid when my new phone comes I will have to re-download everything.

Again, I am sorry this is so long, but would greatly appreciate answers to any or all of these questions. Thanks!

-Scott

Advertisement