1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incredible Screen screwed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sturg7321, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Sturg7321

Sturg7321 Lurker

Ok, So I cracked the digitizer about a week ago and ordered a new one....Tonight I took it apart to replace it. I got everything put back together correctly and it looked great but once I got it all back together I turned the phone on and the screen is all kinds of crazy colors and has what looks like a hole almost directly in the center. I have NO clue what happened I didnt break anything or anything of that sort. Has anyone else ever had this problem. I have taken it apart and retryed like 3 times and its the same thing. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I've seen mobile devices with incredibly fragile screen cables that would get damaged if you looked at them sideways...any chance that could've happened? Also, is it the same kind of screen (AMOLED or SLCD) as the original?

Other than that, no ideas, sorry.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

apparently doesn't matter if the new screen is slcd and the old was amoled, (i thought it would) users have reported success when replacing.

Definitely sounds like something is broken on the new screen. That's theoretically exactly what my work laptop's screen would look like after it's been somehow compressed violently by a fist like object. (toughbook... hardly)

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews