• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible to X to Incredible

i have not but my brother in law has the DINC and i have the DX. I came from the D1 and i realized after having the DX for a bit and then checking out the DINC, i really like 3.7" screen form factor for a phone, BUT the 4.3" is much better for web browsing and reading.

So my take on it is, if you read a lot on your phone, bigger is better. That includes web news reading. Also obviously movies will look better, etc. But if you use your phone for more calling/texting/apps/etc, the smaller form factor is more convenient, lighter, and feels more like a phone.

Me? i read a LOT on my phone so i love the size. I may see if 4.0" is good enough for me when they come out with one on Verizon (besides the Fascinate) but i don't think i'll go back to 3.7".

But if i didn't read as much, i think 3.7" is a VERY nice size.

I simply wouldn't go from the DX to the DINC because the processor in the DX is so much better and the GPU is much better. Oh, and the battery life. Oh, and the noise cancelling mic. But if it weren't for those....

Upvote 0
Ain't nothing going to change the size of the device. If it's not for you, it's not for you.

When I first started using it, I had trouble with some tasks when using it one-handed. Just seemed awkward. I found, though, that adjusting my grip on it fixed most of my issues, and the very occasional issue I still note is offset by the 99% of the time that I like the larger screen.

Upvote 0
I can't stand looking at my D1's screen anymore, it's just so tiny.

Also, if you're going to be doing a lot of reading on your phone, I would stay away from AMOLED screens in general (DI and Fascinate).

They use a different pixel structure which results in a much lower true resolution than the claimed 800x480 (more like 2/3 of that), so text is a lot fuzzier.

Upvote 0
Also, if you're going to be doing a lot of reading on your phone, I would stay away from AMOLED screens in general (DI and Fascinate).

They use a different pixel structure which results in a much lower true resolution than the claimed 800x480 (more like 2/3 of that), so text is a lot fuzzier.

I can confirm that. Text and web pages aren't as sharp on the Fascinate's SAMOLED screen as they are on the Droid's TFT LCD screen.

Upvote 0
I have went from dinc to x to dinc and now tht I got a case for the x I'm trying it again before I have to send one I them bak. using a case adds bulk a lil but it makes it sooo mug easier to one hand it. Plus I use ultra keyboard app so I can use the compact QWERTY. I'm going out of town so I will use my phone a lot this weekend and I'll figure out which one I'm gonna keep. Both are awesome phones. Just gotta see if the size bothers me more than the enjoyment of this awesome screen

Upvote 0
I had the Dinc for about a week (after waiting, and paying 2 months), I then had too many call quality issues. The only thing I liked about the Dinc was the UI. I have my X now, I've rooted, unrooted, and also been back forth with the leak - With LP and fancy widget I pretty much solved the UI issue. The call quality is real good on the X, THE main reason I've stuck with Verizon for so long.

I was a Storm 1 (in a otterbox) - Dinc - X user, so the size at first seemed large, but after only about 4 or 5 days I got used to it. Web browsing is so nice on the X, and I have large hands so typing is a breeze. I was in a VW Store to pay my bill over the weekend, curious to find a torch and play with it I put my phone up to a Dinc, its so much bigger in comparison - first time I honestly did a side by side comparison, but I'm sticking it out with Moto, much better build in and out imho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones