1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Incredible Warranty Process - Please share your experience

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamor, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Verizon/Incredible customers:

What was your process for a phone defect covered under warranty past the 30 day return policy?

I was transferred to a 3rd party repair department and they said I would need to send in my phone for evaluation leaving me without one for weeks.

I need my phone and don't have a backup phone.

Was anyone successful in getting a warranty replacement without having to send in their phone first?

Did you do it via phone or go into Verizon?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Newbie

jamor, as long as you bring in your phone to a 'corporate' verizon store with a tech you should be fine. They will take a look at your phone to see if it is a defect. If so, they will usually send you a phone first w/overnight shipping free of charge to you. After you receive a phone they will give you a pre-paid FedEx postage to return your defect phone. Just don't forget your SD card. Good luck

jamor likes this.
  3. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Okay I finally got a hold of a helpful Verizon Representative.

Great news. I'm being sent a new replacement and then I send in my old one in their pre-paid box it comes in.

For anyone wondering - if you need to do a warranty replacement - do it with Verizon - NOT HTC. HTC requires you to send in your phone for evaluation and Verizon sends you a phone right away.

4. matab14

matab14 Member

Same experience here x 6.....lol.....Knock on wood #6 has been performing well though. Only disadvantage is you get Certified Re manufactured Like new replacement vs Brand new when dealing with Verizon.....

5. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Newbie

Although Verizon can offer a brand new device as a replacement... that is not always the case. Verizon too can replace with re-furbished (certified like new) devices too.

6. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

lol I've done this about 6 times with my Inc. and another 5 with my Eris. glad to see you got it fixed

7. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

Good deal. I was originally told the same, about going through HTC, who then wanted me to go third-party and I could be out a phone for several weeks. I finally got a level-headed CS from VZW who sent me a replacement the next day. She said actually, it could've been something like seven weeks to get my phone back through the third-party.

8. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert

Lol and I've done it 3 with the incredible and 3 with the eris. Good luck op, refurbs are hit and miss

9. 5BB5

5BB5 Lurker

I've had every phone I have ever had replaced by Verizon. Sometimes more than once. Except for the LG Dare, that thing was solid and simple. Allways a smooth operation, the replacement that is.