• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible

mpossoff

Feb 2, 2011
Hi I'm with AT&T and possibly might want to switch. I've been looking at the incredible, a certified pre owned. With my employer perks I can get a certified pre owned on a 1 year contract for $84.

What are the pros and cons of the incredible? I realize new devices will be coming out but I figured with a 1 year contract I'll be eligible for upgrade in 10 months.

Well I saw at best buy they had the incredible out the box new for $99 but for 2 year contract. I would wait for something like the thunderbolt or the incredible 2 to pop out. I steer away from refurbs as it had a problem once who knows if the problem comes back.

Upvote 0
Aspire is $99...but 2 yr contract .
You can get top phone at T-Mobile for free ...with 2 yr contract

I don't know any 1 yr contracts in usa..on major carriers

With my employer perks I get 1 year contract on my primary line with ATT. VZW has 1 year contracts. The inspire on a 1 year contract would cost me $199.

I checked out the incredible and to me it seems kind of cheaply made compared to the inspire.

Upvote 0
not cheaply made...

but the inc is 1 yr old ..
the inspire.. has the new scorpion cpu and better gpu.. i am sure there is a mess load of better tech under the hood too.

you will get better performance and better battery life...
even if you get it at 199.. it is worth the price difference.
and the resale of the inspire in 1 yr will be more too.. which will make up the for the initial cost.

but it is your money and your phone to use. I have given my opinion as you.. asked for it.
it is up to you to use or disguard as you see fit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones