1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Incredibly difficult to get GB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brettlewis, Nov 30, 2011.

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Android Expert

Like the title? I thought it was punny.

Anyways. Since the day that gingerbread came out I have been in a constant struggle trying to get it. The first time it was pushed to my phone everything seemed to be going good untill it said "restart to install" I clicked it, nothing happened. Well, now any time I leave wifi on over night the pop up comes up telling me to restart to install. I click it, Nothing happens. Not really sure what is going on but It just won't accept that update I guess. Any advice? Should I call verizon?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brettlewis

I kind of wonder if I should even do this. I have been off contract for a while now and am jumping to the gnex when it comes out. Do you think this problem would be enough for verizon to send me a dinc2 so I can sell it before I renew my contract?

Sounds scammy, but verizon has tons of money and they take enough of mine. ha

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

I doubt they'd send you a incredible 2 for this... they would just send you to the store for installation, and they've been sending out refurb original incredibles, they have plenty in stock now that many people have already been upgraded/sent them in for repair.

If you don't mind the nag, don't worry about it, or just root and you can get rid of the nag easily.

brettlewis likes this.
  4. brettlewis

Ok, I'll try it out. Thanks for the help!

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Good luck, report back if you have any issues.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If you don't want to wipe completely you can try an alternative route first.

http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.08.605.2-3.26.605.1_release_222220.zip is the update directly from the google servers.

Rename 5059e5b6c5b2.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZO N_WWE_4.08.605.2-3.26.605.1_release_222220.zip to update.zip and place on the root of your SD card. Power the phone down and enter hboot by holding volume down and power. If not prompted, navigate into recovery and select to update from update.zip. Sometimes this update gives an error and presents you with a red triangle. If this happens, press volume up and the power button to get to the menu and select to run the update.zip again. Reboot the phone.

Should be done!

7. brettlewis

You responded just after I started the other one :/ Hope is works well. It was saying there is no boot image, but it seemed to keep going.

Edit: bummer. It didn't know it would hard reset everything. blah.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah...I tried to get to it before you did that, but I was in class. Sorry. :(

To be fair, the image is a lot less of a pain to get installed. He was right to recommend it as a manual update isn't for everyone.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews