• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Indian Desire Z Firmware Version

nah phones not bricked just cannot update.
now on1.82.405.1 Untouched (from WWE RUU): Rooted/Deodexed.

only problem is this one is not the india version its the world wide edition.

root offers you lots of benefits installing custom roms overclocking amongst others.

go ahead to the all things root section and find out

Upvote 0
hey problem solved just had to flash the original htc recovery image and i was able to install the ota update.
now on 1.82.720.1 and still rooted (thank god).

i have the same problem. when i update the ota it will just give a triangle with an exclamation point. mine is 1.34.707.5. is it possible to borrow your htc recovery image so that i can update mine as well and please guide me on how you did it. i accidentally deleted my original recovery that's why i'm looking for one. thanks in advance

Upvote 0

i followed the guide, copied flash_image.zip and recovery.img to the root of my sdcard
put the phone on usb debugging and charge only
opened command promt and typed this command

adb shell
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cd /sdcard
cp flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image.zip
cd /sdcard
flash_image.zip recovery recovery.img

flash_image.zip recovery recovery.img
flash_image.zip 1:Syntax error ")" unexpected

am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
the phone congratulate me for updating to 1.82.707.1

it worked!!!!!!

thank you very much i really appreciated it
you know how many days i've been struggling just to get that update?
because i thought that if i can't that then i can't update to gingerbread also if its available already. that's why i got scared and i'm already planning to go to the service center just to put the original recovery.

Again thank you very much.
thank you
thank you
thank you

Upvote 0
hey rgolveo
you are most welcome

i would request you to thank raitchison on the xda thread as he was the one with the guide and deserves all the credit.

i also had the same fear as you when i couldn't update my phone, i thought i would be stuck with custom rom's or other region firmware forever because i had rooted my phone. I finally heaved a sigh of relief when i managed to get the official update. Don't worry we'll both get the gingerbread update when it releases in june.

Check this out
HTC Desire series to get Gingerbread around June | AndroidOS.in

Also the phone with an exclamation mark is normal, its confirmation that its original htc recovery.

so how is the new update any thoughts/reviews, please get back when you can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones