• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Indian milestone froyo update

Don't think this is the case in the uk yet. I have just tried running an update.. and although I went through the process of updating the phone it still telling me I'm on 2.1-update1.

Motorola you are a joke. Never again. How is it, 18 months down the line we still don't have the phone we thought we purchased?

Upvote 0
I have updated Milestone in Mumbai from service centre(OTA is yet not availlable), though it is very unstable..
you need to factory reset it after update, it still very unstable..
After opening many application and coming to home, the home boots again, means the task manager closes the home app in background..
Any1 facing such problems, plz post..

Upvote 0
I have updated Milestone in Mumbai from service centre(OTA is yet not availlable), though it is very unstable..
you need to factory reset it after update, it still very unstable..
After opening many application and coming to home, the home boots again, means the task manager closes the home app in background..
Any1 facing such problems, plz post..

it could be fast if u do a hard reset and format u r sd card..its much better after doing that..!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. And reasonably new to Android as well. Recently upgraded to 2.2 via the net and am fairly happy. After that it took ages for my home screen icons to appear after exiting an app and read on this forum that a hard reset was required. Did that and it did get better. However am still facing the same lag problem though less often and the phone hangs in some apps and I need to switch off the screen and then on twice for it to get going again.

I am using the DW launcher and it does seem better with it. Have read that formatting the SD card helps too. Does it? How do I do that?

And what is OTA man?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. And reasonably new to Android as well. Recently upgraded to 2.2 via the net and am fairly happy. After that it took ages for my home screen icons to appear after exiting an app and read on this forum that a hard reset was required. Did that and it did get better. However am still facing the same lag problem though less often and the phone hangs in some apps and I need to switch off the screen and then on twice for it to get going again.

I am using the DW launcher and it does seem better with it. Have read that formatting the SD card helps too. Does it? How do I do that?

And what is OTA man?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Formating SD card makes some improvements..!!
and OTA means Over The Air update..!!
our mobile has 800mhz processor but motorola made it to work 600mhz
with some software techniques..!!you need to over clock your phone to make it fast..!!

Reactions: ahura
Upvote 0
Formating SD card makes some improvements..!!
and OTA means Over The Air update..!!
our mobile has 800mhz processor but motorola made it to work 600mhz
with some software techniques..!!you need to over clock your phone to make it fast..!!

Thanks Venkat.
How do I overclock. My phone is in warranty. Have read that overclocking could void the warranty. Is that true? What are my options? Overclock, contact service centre or even revert to 2.1, if that is possible. The only problem that I am facing is that the home screen icons take long to load after a day or so of reboot. Meanwhile, shall format my SD card after learning how from the forum.

What do you advise?

Thanks you so much

Upvote 0
indian milestone officially got froyo..!one can update by going to the service center..!:D:D:D

Hi I have updated though Motorola - Support - Software Update. it's amazing and big relief, but my phone is bit slow. my home apps take few sec to upload. Please suggest what shall I do now? I got 2.2.1 firmware n I heard that 2.2.2 is better! how can I update to it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones