1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Indie Game - Microchip Monsters

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by espectra, Jan 13, 2012.

1. espectra

espectra Newbie
    None

I switched gears from working on my roguelike game this past year and made a little casual/arcade hybrid game called Microchip Monsters. Launch a probe, let it bounce around and tap the screen to lay mines to blast virus enemies.

[​IMG]

Here's a gameplay video (weird Tron-inspired pinball??):
    Microchip Monsters - YouTube

The game has two main modes: Stage Mode (unlock the next stage as you go) and being a roguelike fiend I couldn't resist throwing a procedurally generated mode in the game - Rogue Mode

Here's the free version (has ads) and the full version with unlimited Rogue stages.

Other indie devs may be interested in my port of libmodplug to handle the tracker music soundtrack. It's free and it's how I kept the size of the game down to less than 1.5MB.

Give it a try!

Advertisement

2. espectra

espectra Newbie
    None

I added 30 more stages to the game, so the paid version now has a total of 60 stages with a final boss fight. The free version has stages 1-35.

Here's a video showing some of the new enemies (yellow guys that run away from the probe).

More Microchip Monsters - YouTube

The game got a small writeup on IndieGames.com last month.

In the OP I mentioned the libmodplug port: there's now a small demo app to show some of the tricks you can do with it (mostly interesting to other indie devs).