• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Indoor Photos

stringfiend

May 14, 2012
So I had the SIII before upgrading to the S4. It seems like everything about the S4 trumps the SIII so far except one aspect of the camera. Don't get me wrong, the S4's features and outdoor photo abilities blow every other smartphone I have had out of the water. Yet, when you get indoors I find that the shutter seems to lag just enough to cause blurry images of moving objects (even when flash is used).

I know a lot of people would say that I am just expecting too much from a camera phone, but my wife's SIII has no trouble capturing our speedy baby as she zips around the floor. Any idea why this one aspect of the camera seems to *lag* behind the SIII or am I just doing it wrong?

So I had the SIII before upgrading to the S4. It seems like everything about the S4 trumps the SIII so far except one aspect of the camera. Don't get me wrong, the S4's features and outdoor photo abilities blow every other smartphone I have had out of the water. Yet, when you get indoors I find that the shutter seems to lag just enough to cause blurry images of moving objects (even when flash is used).

I know a lot of people would say that I am just expecting too much from a camera phone, but my wife's SIII has no trouble capturing our speedy baby as she zips around the floor. Any idea why this one aspect of the camera seems to *lag* behind the SIII or am I just doing it wrong?

Do you have it on auto? If so and still blurry, try using a speed setting like burst mode (at least one should get in focus), or if you have the access to iso settings turn it up to at least 400 for indoors. To make sure it just isn't an issue with the camera app, try downloading a different camera to see if you get the same results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones