1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Inductive Battery Cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ponchera, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ponchera

ponchera Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone out there purchase this already? What else do we need to buy to make that thing work. Is it worth the money or stick with a good ol' cheap cable or battery docks.

Advertisement

2. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Unknown
    IMHO inductive charging is nice, but it all depends on who you are. A quick google search pulled up the inductive charger as $70 and the inductive cover at $30, so if you want to pay $100 to not have to plug your phone into one dock on one table, then feel free to do so.

However, for each additional place you want to charge the phone inductively, you'll have to spend an another $70 each time. However, a standard charger can be had for around $5 ;)

I, for one, will stick with USB connection chargers. If the inductive charger plus the plate were $20 or so, then yeah I would jump on that boat in a heartbeat! But they're not, so I won't.

Let's get some other opinions on this, I would love to hear from owners too!

3. SplitVision

SplitVision Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    What inductive charging products exist for Android phones? I only find examples for iPhone and Blackberry.

While expensive for a consumer, it has great market opportunities for (some) professional users. Ease of use makes people charge more often and that lessens the risk of interruption due to power shortage. And it is a nice luxury conveniece :)

4. sm24

sm24 Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    I did buy the cover when I got my phone only to find it wasn't compatible with my power mat. I guess there are competing technologies. Also didn't like the fact that the cover made the phone thicker, very similar to the extended battery door thickness. If it wasn't for the added thickness I probably would have bought the compatible mat.

SplitVision likes this.
  5. SplitVision

SplitVision Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Please, since I'm very interested in getting this type of product, tell me what kind of phone you have and where you found that cover!