1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Inductive charging cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dukenilnil, Aug 20, 2012.

1. dukenilnil

dukenilnil Member

Anyone know where to get one or have one they want to get rid of?
    I am worried the USB charging port will go out on me (it has on a lot of my older phones) and I want to hold onto the Bionic indefinitely. Would like to get the inductive back to have another charging method.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

i have never had ANY of my MANY electronic products suffer from a problem with the micro or mini USB connector. I wouldn't worry about something that may not happen for the life of your phone. If I were you i'd worry more about dropping/breaking it, or simply wanting the "next best thing". Relax. why incur the expense of an induction charger UNTIL/IF such time as you actually do suffer from a port breakdown???

3. dukenilnil

dukenilnil Member

My OG Droid had the USB charger break as it got loose, not 1 or 2 times, but 3 times. It was actually a problem a lot of people had and a reason for a lot of refurbs. The only quality issue I've had with Moto products.

I know it was a problem with the Droid 2 as well. Over time, stress on the cord or just plugging it in and maybe not lining it up right every time, the pins start to get a little wonky and charging gets harder.
    I plan to keep the Bionic for years more (can't imagine anything else I'd want a phone to do that would cause me to buy one right now). I don't want it to break in 6 months and not be able to find one and have that be the reason I need to upgrade.

4. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

Had 4 bionics in the house since launch day--USB port is fine on the current two. Some people tend to mess up ports due to incorrect insertion--it's not hard to do, so I'm very careful with mine. (ie, I'm less "ham-fisted" than others, whom I've observed plugging in cables. :) )

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews