1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Indulge Battery Suck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperMiguel, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SuperMiguel

SuperMiguel Newbie

So i have a samsung indulge and the battery on it SUCKS about 3-4h Max i do alot of facebooking but bah.. i tried to disable 4G using **583385## and went to 3g... Rebooted the phone and tried opening my facebook app and it took like 2-3 minutes to even come up =( putted 4g back, rebooted and when opened the facebook app bam in 5 seconds came up...

What can i do???

I was looking for a battery upgrade but i dont want to get a bulky one i think the bigges the got at the same OEM sie is 1800 mA i might try that next week

FYI i have the lastest PRL

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dboy4100

Dboy4100 Lurker

I use this app called powermax.. It really helps.. it has a free trial too. You should give it a shot

3. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Get over the bulk and embrace the extended battery. Seriously thin is overrated and its not that bad.

You could also root your phone and install the Basix ROM which helps with battery life.

4. SuperMiguel

SuperMiguel Newbie

I installed Basix and battery life still sucks :(

5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Yep - it is going to, just the nature of the 4G beast especially in a 1st gen 2nd tier phone. Extended battery is your friend.

6. SuperMiguel

SuperMiguel Newbie

What the best battery that doesnt require changing the back plate?

7. OnyxJay

OnyxJay Guest

Don't worry about the extended backplate. When I first got mine (3600 mAh) I was concerned it would add bulk, but to be honest it actually makes the entire device feel more sturdy. The one I ordered (yellow, white, red label) from Amazon came fast and was only like $12 shipped. Just make sure you discharge FULLY, charge with the phone off to 100%, load up Clockworks (power on while hitting R) go under advanced and clear the battery state. Restart clockworks, restart phone and enjoy the battery life.

I use the keyboard way more than the screen to type, and I've noticed with the extended battery I feel like I am typing faster and I feel like I have a better grip on the phone. It's hard to explain. Also I can type more without fatigue. Go figure!

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews