1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Indulge return to home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sjanash, Sep 1, 2011.

1. sjanash

sjanash Newbie

Is there any way to keep the inulge from returing to the home screen after it times out and turns off. For example if I am in my gmail and have to set the phone down for a minute and the screen goes blank. I press a button and the screen comes back on but I am back at the home screen and have to open up gmail again. Is there anyway to prevent this so when I turn the phone back on it is still in the gmail or any other app that was currently open.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast

Android OS automatically closes apps if you let the phone idle for a while I have seen this to be after 5 or more minutes that the phone screen is off

3. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Also, if the phone's screen was not blank for too long, use the power button to wake the phone rather than the home button on the bottom. This will prevent you accidentally hitting it twice and going to the home screen as well.
    Also, do remember that although android "closes" your apps, they're are more in a stand by state rather than completely off usually, and you may be able to restore it to the exact screen you were viewing by pressing and holding the home button and select the wanted application in the pop-up list. ;)

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews