1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Inexpensive Fanny Pack to Carry Your Phone While Walking/Excercise - On eBay - Nice!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlt123me, Apr 9, 2011.

1. dlt123me

dlt123me Well-Known Member
    None

Not sure where to place this... but here it is...

I was recenly looking for an Armband to use for my TB while walking and running, but found that most were pieces of junk or too small for a mans arm, especially a big man like myself.

After much research, I gave up on the idea of the armband and decided to research Fanny Packs... I found some that would work, but they were over $20+... and I wasn't sure they would be big enough to fit my waist.

I finally checked eBay to see what was offered there and found a lady who makes FP and sells them at a very reasonable price. i.e. $7.99 shipping included...

Also, I am a big man and the ad on eBay said it would fit a 50" waist so I bought it. Man at this price, it must be a piece of junk...right? Wrong, they're really nice Fanny Packs...

I got it today and was really surprised at the quality of the FP. It's a smaller FP that has 3 zippered pockets that will hold my house keys, phone and has a security zippered pocket in the back for money, Credit Card, Drivers License, etc..

I adjusted the belt and sure enough it fits my ... ahem... 48" waist... Which after using it for walking for awhile, will shrink down.. :p

So if anyone is looking for a FP to securely hold their phone while running, walking or any excercise activity... Give this FP a look.

Definitely worth the prices and more... It's a steal.

Here are some pictures of the ad... Notice the colors you can get and the sellers name on eBay.

Also, if you want the larger belt, be sure the ad says what is pictured below... i.e. fits waist size up to 50"

[​IMG]

Actual Ad copy on eBay Notice Seller name Wonderfulbag and Item number for their current auction 270581682255:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps... and NO, I have no dog in this fight... In other words, I have no affiliation with this auction or business...

Hope this helps others,

Dennis

Advertisement

2. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa
    Man, ive been looking for something that would make me look like a total tool while i went running for a couple weeks now. I've tried short shorts, mesh tank tops and short billed hats in hot green/purple, but nothing ever quite "did it" for me. But now, thanks to your post, i can finally realize my dream. Thanks a million!

3. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Come on now! Is this a serious thread? Lmao..... Funny pack!

4. dlt123me

None

LOL .... No, I assure you this is no Funny Pack... It's a great Fanny Pack and if you don't like it, you can ---- my... Funny Pack... :rolleyes: :eek: :p (Couldn't resist)

Seriously though, it is a great asset and will bring some real class to Cavemansol's attire as it did to mine. ;) ... and it's multi-tasking tool at that.

Dennis

5. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Might i suggest knee high green and white tube socks with your short shorts? Just in case they sell out of FUNNY packs (pun intended yet again).

EgoDogg likes this.
  6. s9779

s9779 Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    If it works for you that's great. But for most of us we are going to pass.

7. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    [​IMG]

Treat a fanny pack like crack. Just say no. Im a big guy as well, but let me tell you. NO. DO NOT DO IT. As big guys, most people will point and laugh because of our size behind our back. Now with that said, Id rather have them do that then make fun of me for a fanny pack. LOL. Serious dude, this is just an all bad idea if youre under the age of 65.

8. Cavemansol

None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa

Ha, I was just pokin fun my friend. In all seriousness, good for you gettin out there and walking or running. I just couldn't help but think of power walkers with fanny packs. And i felt like being heavily sarcastic, no real insult intended!

9. dlt123me

None

LOL... None taken at all... In fact I had a good laugh with all the banter. I do have one thing to say though....

Step on podium:

Men in this world are under attack, whether we believe this or not. The concept of what defines a man, is directed by what is politically correct and contrary to what some men feel about themselves.

Men, should always make their own determination and not be swayed by popular opinion, or concept... After all, we are Men. ;)

Again, non taken and I've enjoyed the razzing.

Stepping down from podium:

[​IMG]

But it is a nice pack and I used it last night. I listen to my Internet radio station while walking... (Coronal Winds Radio - PsyTrance)

The F(u)anny Pack makes it much easier and safer than sticking my TB in my coat pocket while my headphone cables are attached.

Get it, you know you want it... Be a man!

Dennis

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    The reason I don't like the fanny pack is that it looks like fat overlap and even if you're a fit man with 6-pack abs of steel, a fanny pack just doesn't look sleek or stylish. I would much rather do an arm band than a fanny pack.

But if the fanny pack is your thing, then more power to you. It just looks like a belt that swallowed a small rabbit to me. Oh and I'll also say that the last armband I bought for my iPhone 3GS, I could barely get it around my arm which I must say I did enjoy bragging complaining about to my friends.

Amazon.com: HTC Thunderbolt Android Phone (Verizon) Neoprene Exercise Armband (BLUE): Sports & Outdoors

[​IMG]

11. nkd

nkd Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    I think the best thing to do is leave your phone in the car, lol. There is no place for a phone in the gym, haha. Sorry I had to say that, I hate phones in the gym. Although I love my thunderbolt.

12. nkd

nkd Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Although I could understand this while you are running. HAHA.

13. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    When you get as many digits from the females like I do, a fanny pack is a necessity.

ska.t73 and Flyguy94 like this.
  14. Cavemansol

None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa
    Oh ya? Your thunderbolts already full huh? Ladies and Gentlemen, we're in the presence of the Fonz...Who by the way, could totally rock a fanny pack.

15. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    A FANNY PACK :eek::eek::eek:

To each his own, but I wouldn't disgrace my TB by putting it in a fanny pack :D

16. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

So you're saying they flip you off (their tallest digit) when you approach them and they see your fanny pack? :p