1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Inf Crash Loop... Please help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stefanhp, Jun 6, 2011.

1. stefanhp

stefanhp Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    few weeks ago bought this galaxy ace.

but yesterday i downloaded some browser. after that the main page keeps crashing.
    every time it says: process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher got closed
    and asks for force close. once i click that. i wait 2 sec and the message pops up again.

i read somewhere about factory reset. but a cant access that. after clicking the force close a couple of times. the things just starts vibrating like hell.

People please help!!!

mods please move this if its in the wrong section.

Advertisement

2. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    so you cannot actually do anything menu wise? can u get to install a new app? is so try installing a new launcher like launcherproplus or adw launcher, install one and press home button then select the new launcher , but dont click the always use option, then when its loaded try switching back to the samsung launcher by going to app menu then pressing home button and select samsung launcher, it may fix?

if you cant do anything through menu's because it just crashes your gonna have to either try recovery mode/firmware restore with samsung kies/ or return to samsung for replacement,.

coolboy1000 likes this.
  3. yc_dgan

yc_dgan Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Malaysia
    Did you try to uninstall the app?

I've got this problem with Asphalt 5 game. Force close message pops up every now and then even when the game is not running. After I uninstalled it, the force close message goes away.

4. aktifit

aktifit Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2011
  5. coolboy1000

coolboy1000 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Product Design
    Mumbai
  6. coolboy1000

coolboy1000 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Product Design
    Mumbai
    this is common problem seen in ace... I found it happens on multiple downloads... by installing more than one apps at a time and this results in errors... thus error flashes in every 3 sec... really annoying... cant do anything and thus forced to do Hard reset..
    Hey but if you get such error messages whenever you come to home (desktop screen of mobile) then one solution will work in this case...
    Just download any other Home replacement app like, go launcher and launcher pro... and make this your default current home and by doing so you will never need to hard reset your phone... after doing this, never ever switch your home to previous home because it'll again show you those irritating error messages! Thanks Chismay for your suggestion... this really worked for me!!

7. stefanhp

stefanhp Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    You guys thanks for al the replies.

but nothing works

hard reset
    Key combination: only shows phoneoptions and if i hold longer it just turns off ;(
    setting>privacy>reset: Cant acces the menu :(
    dial *2767*3855#: Cant access dail
    Just download any other Home replacement app: Cant access market/menu/etc

8. pujitjuneja

pujitjuneja Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Developer-to-be ;)
    Delhi, India
    Use *#7780# if you can.. Its a factory reset code..
    Edit : sorry didnt read that you cant access dialer.. If nothing works.. You could either re-flash your firmware using odin, or you could just take it to the samsung service center..

9. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    matey return your ace to the shop, seriously to get these problems the device sounds to have a bug/malfunction, you should not be expected as a user/customer to fix these kind of things, im getting the feeling this is a more serious problem then it looks,

if im getting you properly you cant really do anything without it freezing/dieing ...if you got that receipt use it :( srry but to be honest i think you should get a replacement and re-start your android journey with a new device,,,,this problem may fix now with the workaround me and coolboy put but who's to say you wont get problems with each launcher untill you run out of launchers? by then you might go out of warranty or whatever......

good luck and i hope it doesnt come this that.;)