1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

inFamous 2 discussion (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by YankeeDudeL, Jun 13, 2011.

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I'll start my discussion in the second post in case some knucklehead didn't catch the title.

This is a discussion for those who have completed the game only.

Seriously, if you haven't played or finished the game, don't continue reading!

Advertisement

2. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Well, I've finished the game on both good and evil now. Just got to finish off some trophies, now (def going for the plat on this, actually quite easy to attain, considering).

I'd have to say that I'm very pleased with it's presentation. I loved that they kept the comic book style to the story line, but really glad that they had the proper animation for cut scenes. Really brought all these characters to life. And there's, of course, (numa) New Marais (I can't say the name without putting numa first, lol). I did kinda miss Empire City, but each area provided a new challenge, and was even more impressive detail and certain beauty.

I think they did a real good job fleshing out the characters. Cole's new voice was noticeable, but was similar enough to not be distracting. Even his slightly diff appearance just seemed more of growth and experience. Nix and Kuo offer a nice change (and c'mon, they're both pretty darn sexy). But what I really was impressed with was Zeke. He just really kinda annoyed me in the first one, even before his betrayal. But they did a great job of redeeming him in this one, and I truly enjoyed his character.

I enjoyed the fact that they didn't change the gameplay much at all from the first one. But that did still produce some challenges as I thought it wasn't as crisp as it could and should have been. Especially with all the number of glitches I encountered. Enough to drive you mad at times, especially when you're first playing and realize that the first time you fight the militia, they're about as tough (for your first time play) as the First Sons were in the first.

This is getting long, so I'll make a second post with other thoughts.

3. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Still, there are some things I didn't like so much. For one, the first one did an awful lot a setting up and not everything got properly resolved. For one, what happened to Moia? Shouldn't she have at least been addressed? Or Alden? I'm sure they didn't feel a need to bring him in, and I'm not sure that he needed to even be in the game, but at least mentioned. They did go out of their way to mention that he survived. And the First Sons just disbanded after Kessler's death? That's pretty uneventful. But at least they get mentioned enough.

Then there's the Beast. I think most of us had figured it would have wound up being John. I like that it wasn't completely evil what he was doing, instead trying to do what he thought was right in order for humanity to survive (more on that later). But the fights with him were kinda anticlimactic. Like when Kuo states that his initial battle with him was impressive. Hell, all you could do is press R1. You still had all your initial powers, should have been able to have to use some skill to beat him. Same thing with the good ending. All you can really do is fire some lighting bolts and fire off a lightning storm. The guy ate a nuke!

Oh, and I have to say that while it's extremely difficult for me to play the evil side without feeling dirty, man, did that ending hurt. I mean, wow. Standing there, in front of Zeke, knowing what's about to happen. I really felt sick.

I'll wait till someone actually mentions whether or not the evil ending should have been a possibility before commenting on that.

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Haven't played yet (just downloaded the first one via 'welcome back') jsut wanted to throw a tid bit out. For spoilers you could always use the [ hide ] [ / hide ] tags (without spaces)

Just thought i'd throw that out there:D

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  5. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Thanks, I know I've seen people use them but had no idea how. Is there a thread out there that shows of all the tags that can be used? Might not be a bad idea if there isn't. Well, if there's enough tags to warrant that, anyway.

6. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Bumping an old thread. I just beat this game today. I went down the good path for my first play through. My reaction to the ending was:

HUGE MAJOR SPOILERS:

Seriously, if you have not completed the game, DO NOT CLICK THE BUTTON:

THEY ACTUALLY KILLED COLE!!!

Or did they? The more I have thought about the ending the more I realize how wide open they left the story.

What exactly happened to Kuo? We can assume that she was also killed but they never really say. She isn't even mentioned in the final cut scene.

Also, what was with the huge lightning bolt that struck the boat Zeke and Cole's body were on? Something tells me the RFI was not the end of Cole.

After watching the evil ending on youtube, I love these games but I don't have the time to play them through twice, I already see another great story for another game. Good side: Cole comes back to life and now has to bring all the other conduits back. Bad: Cole is now the beast. His job is now to defeat humanity, create an army of conduits, and finish John's mission.

Either way, these games are way too popular to just stop after 2. There are many different directions they could take the story.

7. NightAngel79

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    I couldnt help myself... i clicked it and saw the first sentence before i closed browser:(:(:(:(

lol oops

8. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Well you can't say I didn't warn you. :D

9. NightAngel79

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky