• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Infected with Virus from Go Dev Team?

Lennatron

Android Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2010
PA
Hi all,

I have the Galaxy Note 5. When I use Google Chrome I am redirected to a fake website telling me my phone is infected. I tried uninstalling Chrome but it keeps coming back. The website will eventually redirect you to the Play Store to download Go Security, Antivirus AppLock. They also impersonate Google in their scheme to get you to download their "Anti-Virus Security" app.

As far as I know, this is in violation of the Google Play Developer Terms and this app could be removed for using these deceptive advertisement techniques.

I use to think they were good developers but I will now avoid ALL of their apps as they seem untrustworthy and their apps may contain malware. It reminds me of the old viruses in Windows telling you to download AntiVirus while the AntiVirus itself was the virus (its called a Trojan Horse).

Here is a YouTube video I recorded so you can see for yourself:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones