1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Infinite cycle of reboots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smittypaddler, Mar 16, 2011.

1. smittypaddler

smittypaddler Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Yesterday during a phone conversation, I could no longer hear the other party. Then the phone rebooted, and continued rebooting until I removed the battery. This morning I put the battery back in, and the phone boots. But now my apps such as Earhthnc and Navionics are gone, and more importantly, there are no contacts when I tap the People icon. When I try clicking on Setup and Start on Backup Assistant, I get "Unable to connect to server." Before entering Setup I ensured Mobile 3G was enabled. After I get the Unable to Connect message, Mobile 3G has been turned off automatically. I turning 3G back on and tapping the My Verizon Mobile icon. It told me to upgrade, which I did. In My Verizon I clicked on Data Packages and entered my password, which it rejected, and prompted me again for a password, but didn't give me a keyboard on which to enter it. I tried pressing Back, and tried again, being very careful to enter the password, again getting the message "Sorry! The information you have entered does not match the information we have on file." So I tried clicking on "Forgot Password." It prompted me for Billing Zip Code, and Billing Password. I entered both, the the only options were Back and Main Menu. I tried Main Menu, and it took me back to Main Menu, with no password provided.

How do I restore my apps, and more importantly, my contacts?

Advertisement

2. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Member
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Unfortunately, if this is the same infinite reboot problem I ran into, a lot of the date on your phone is completely hosed. If you didn't back up your contacts, then you'll most likely have to re-enter them. But first, you need to decide if you want to keep using your current phone, or if you need to get a replacement.

The problem I had was that, if the phone got went over a certain temperature, it would reboot over and over until I yanked the battery. Usually, it would lose some of the stored data, too. The only fix in my situation was to go to the VZW store and get an exchange. So far, the replacement phone's been working fine, but you'll have to decide if that's the problem you have, and if you want to do the same thing.

smittypaddler likes this.