1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Infinity crashes to desktop... all the time.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Apollofrost, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Apollofrost

Apollofrost Newbie

For some reason mine doesn't work the way it should. It crashes to desktop randomly whenever I'm playing a game and the stock email client likes to freeze. Video is also randomly choppy or out of synch. At first I couldn't even get past the loading screen for Glowball or Auralux but after rebooting they worked for a bit and then crashed.
    I tried a factory reset but it didn't really help. It helped with the screen lagging but I still get randomly kicked off when I'm playing a game.
    So, what the **** is going on and how do I fix it?

I'm running the latest update, I did a factory reset, I'm not running any crazy widgets.

PS: There's a crazy amount of buzz when using headphones. I really don't like that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Sounds like you got a lemon. Return it for a replacement.

3. Apollofrost

Apollofrost Newbie

Decided to return it and either buy a nexus 7 or wait and see what else comes up. The final straw was when I realized that whenever I played video from external memory the headphone jack buzzed and beeped every 30 seconds. Sure, I can copy the file to the internal memory or use bluetooth headphones but I shouldn't have to.

4. you2

you2 Android Expert

that sounds like interference; what sort of headphones are you using and are you near any sort of electromagnetic source.

I've been using mine with high end IEM and have not had an issue with video stalls or buzzing (my ears are not the best but these IEMS are very sensitive).
    -
    Anyways sounds like something specific to your environment; hum. Were the videos over wifi or sd; I use an sd for my 'external' videos.