1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Infinity Focus on Camera / Camcorder ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AurJohn, Jan 4, 2012.

1. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Aurora, CO
    Does anyone know how to "turn off" autofocus during picture taking and video recording, and just have the focus set to "infinity" ?? Or whatever the maximum "focal length" of the binoic's camera... I haven't taken photography classes in 15 years so sorry if this makes no sense :eek:

I just want the image to stay consistent when trying to photograph clouds, etc. basically any object more than 30 feet away. My pictures sometimes end up out of focus :(

Thanks

Advertisement

2. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2011

I think the infinity setting you're referring to is actually only for Camera Zoom FX, which you have to buy from the market. I think it's like 5 bucks or something though, i got it for 10 cents when that deal was going on. I'm not sure how to take off auto focus, or if you can... maybe someone else will know. If you go to your camera then pull down that settings bar, click on the "A", there's options for different scenes that might help.

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    In the Camera app ... Settings | Scenes select Landscape?

... Thom

4. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Aurora, CO
    Thom, why didn't I think of that... Gave it a quick try and I *believe* it focuses on infinity... Will do some experimenting. Thanks!

5. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Some documentation on some of this stuff would REALLY help.

... Thom

6. Lucidot

Lucidot Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Why??

Us men won't read them anyway. :)

Sidenote: How do you guys find the $0.10 deals in the market? I seem to always be a day late and a dollar short. Is there an app?

7. New Rising

None

Jul 7, 2011

There was some special going on in the market for like a week they had different 10 cent apps a day. This was like 2-3 weeks ago though, they should do it again.

8. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I'm prejudiced. I develop software.

The 10 cent deal was advertising.

I don't think they should do it again. I think (hope actually) that people will chose to kick in a buck for an application that they found so useful that they installed on their device. I always do.

... Thom

9. Lucidot

Lucidot Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    And I have in the past as well. Spent most of it on golf GPS apps :)

Found Skycaddie to be the best for me.

10. New Rising

None

Jul 7, 2011

I have a hard time spending anthing more than a buck on something from the market (not really sure why), so the the 10 cent app thing was nice for me. I guess I'm just cheap :eek:

11. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I suggest that without financial support the apps will stop evolving.

Office Suite Pro is a pretty nice app ... CameraZoom FX is a pretty nice app ... Astro is a pretty nice app ... Titanium Backup Pro is a pretty nice app ... Superuser Elite is a pretty nice app ...

... Thom

12. kramerica

kramerica Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    West Michigan
    If you ever decide you want to "splurge" on a camera app, I would recommend Vignette. It gives you focus and refocus option at your fingertip (thumb) and a ton of options over stock camera (that do things I have no idea what they do - so it has to be a good app right - :). )

Just an FYI and happy cloud hunting.

13. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    I agree with this completely! And for those of us who don't want to spend a few bucks on an app, just keep in mind that without support from us, the users, the good inexpensive apps disappear, then the ad supported apps get more "ad-based", and more irritating, so we stop using them, then we're left with nothing but expensive paid apps, and worthless free apps. If you look at the iPhone Appstore, most of the apps cost something. Maybe just a dollar, but something. That ensures the decent apps keep getting developed.

And I agree that ll the apps Thom listed are well worthe the minor expense. If I have to spend $100+ for Microsoft Office for my PC, then a few bucks for Office Suite Pro (or Smart Office which I've also been enjoying) is a steal.

Just my $0.02 worth of opinion.

14. kramerica

kramerica Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    West Michigan
    I'm not sure he is saying that he doesn't believe in it, I think he is just saying he is cheap. My woman is a thriftster and doesn't go to the paid apps either. She doesn't have a problem paying for something she really likes, she doesn't usually feel like she needs it. Some people just aren't spenders. I have a friend who is an actuarial science major who works for Mutual of Omaha and makes close to 250K a year and wouldn't buy a round of drinks at a table unless someone else did it first. Just people is all.

Anyway, my point was that I don't think he was slamming devs, I think he is just like some who guard their money (aka cheap). I, of course, don't know him either, but didn't want to turn this thread in to a discussion of devs and economic stature and chaos.

Sorry and I just made it worse by giving my .02. :)