1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Infinity wallpaper. What the heck is it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leob, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Leob

Leob Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 9, 2016
    What is Infinity wallpaper? Gimmick?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Marketing term, meaningless.

Samsung call their curved edge screens "infinity displays", so they call the wallpaper "infinity wallpaper". That's it.

3. apprentice

apprentice Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Male
    Norwich, England
    Not completely correct.

Infinity wallpapers are installed as a pack to include the lockscreen, authentication screen an home screen. As you sign in they seamlessly merge into eachother with a subtle animation.

marctronixx and Hadron like this.
  4. Redeye

Redeye Member
    None

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Although I totally agree that it's a Marketing term, I had thought that Infinity Wallpaper referred to "Live Wallpaper." An example would be the 'galaxy/stars' wallpapers where things move around when you move/tilt your phone.

This is from a Samsung developer in response to a support question I had. I did not include the entire email but I made no edits in the text:

"...within the Wallpapers and Themes service, under the Wallpapers category, there are three types of wallpapers: you have the normal one - which is a simple picture; you have the "wallpaper pack", which has a set of images that you can scroll through and last, but not least, you have the Infinity wallpaper.

..You can notice the difference between these types of wallpapers through the icon from the top right-hand corner of the wallpaper (while browsing the store). The first type does not have any icon, the second type has an icon which symbolizes some overlapping pages and the third type has an icon that resembles a page with a "Play" icon on it. So in order for you to see which wallpapers have the Infinity effect, you can look for the "Play" icon in the top right-hand corner of the wallpaper, while browsing through them. The more you know!..."

Redeye

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!