1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Info Message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joc30, Apr 11, 2016.

1. joc30

joc30 Lurker
    None

May 23, 2012
    Has anyone else received this Info Message, if so who sent it, Thanks for any clues.
    Dear Customer, we recommed you to upgrade to new version of software for improving mobile's performance and security.
    Path Settings > Devive Infomation >Software Update

To get the best from your device, please keep your phone up to date and regularly check for software updates.

Using Note 4 with Kitkat 4.4 have no wish to update as all has been OK until recently.

Advertisement

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, unfortunately you don't say which country you are in or who the carrier is, but generally speaking if you happy with the phone the way it is, and you are not being forced to upgrade just ignore the message and carry on. Phil

3. joc30

joc30 Lurker
    None

May 23, 2012
    Sorry should have said, in the UK, carrier 02, phone has been heating up and battery going down quickly this only began recently.

4. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, sounds like a new battery is in order, the message is probably being sent by O2, just ignore it if you are happy the way it is, I always update if only to plug the security holes. Phil

5. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Male
    DevOps Engineer
    Germany
    Hi,

First of all, I would vote for ignoring the update as I have tried 5.0.1 and saw nothing good only additional problems (bluetooth issues being the most annoying for me). Apparently others have tested 6.0.1 and found nothing exciting either (although the ability to write notes without turning on the screen could be cool and backing up app data to the cloud, if it works, would be a killer feature). If you want to get rid if the messages you could try going into the application manager (in settings), locate "Software update" and disable it. Note: There are two entries of which only one can be disabled.

Now, a phone that is heating up is a sign that something is using the CPU or GPU heavily. This will, of course drain the battery like crazy. Usually this is caused by one or two rogue applications. I had this problem recently and traced the issue to my weather widget and my music player. I de-installed these items (after replacing then with alternatives) and my battery life is back to normal. To find out what is using your battery, go into settings -> System -> Power saving. At the bottom of the screen is the list of things that have been using your battery. Simply take action against the one at the top ;)

Regards,
    Eric.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.