1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Infographic: A History of Mobile Productivity

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by companionlink, Aug 9, 2011.

1. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Hey everyone,

As fans of Android (and, I'm sure, technology in general) I thought you might like this infographic we recently published over at our blog. It shows the history of mobile productivity and shares some interesting facts about mobile technology along the way.

Check it out over at our blog: Infographic: A History of Mobile Productivity - The CompanionLink Blog

I'd love to hear what you think, too! It's the first infographic we've posted and any feedback is more than welcome.

- David Z.

Advertisement

Yeahha likes this.
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    It looks nice.
    But with my phone's browser I had no luck to read the text in the graphic.

I'll try it on PC with its bigger screen :)

Harry

3. companionlink

None

Feb 9, 2010
    Thanks Harry,

I agree it can a bit tough to read on a small screen - clicking/tapping on the image enlarges it a bit. Between that and most phones' ability to zoom you can get by. That said, I think it's best enjoyed on the big screen :)

- David Z.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Hi David,
    I think for phone browser the resolution of the graphic should be increased :)

If I enlarge the graphic on my phone's browser (4.3" screen) I'll get pixeled text.

Harry

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Neat! One question, the pie chart at the end why were iPads, iPhones, and iPods all seperate but Android was grouped together (yeah the .2% of android that is not phones)? I have an Android mp3 player and I do not think of it as a mobile device like my cell phone. Looks good tho I am in envy of the 1970s guy's pants

6. companionlink

None

Feb 9, 2010
    @Harry I looked into this further. One of my coworkers is telling me that the pixelated image you're getting is likely browser specific. He pulled it up in the default browser and saw the same effect you did. Open it in Firefox or Opera, however, and it looks great! An odd issue, but it is what it is...

@Yeahha Thanks! In answer to your question - I believe the thought process was that it didn't represent a big enough portion to really display very well, where as with iOS the various devices each have a fairly sizable portion on their own. Also, I have to agree, the '70s guy has some pretty great pants ;)

- David Z.

Yeahha likes this.