• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Infographic: A History of Mobile Productivity

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
Hey everyone,

As fans of Android (and, I'm sure, technology in general) I thought you might like this infographic we recently published over at our blog. It shows the history of mobile productivity and shares some interesting facts about mobile technology along the way.

Check it out over at our blog: Infographic: A History of Mobile Productivity - The CompanionLink Blog

I'd love to hear what you think, too! It's the first infographic we've posted and any feedback is more than welcome.

- David Z.

Reactions: Yeahha
Neat! One question, the pie chart at the end why were iPads, iPhones, and iPods all seperate but Android was grouped together (yeah the .2% of android that is not phones)? I have an Android mp3 player and I do not think of it as a mobile device like my cell phone. Looks good tho I am in envy of the 1970s guy's pants

Upvote 0
@Harry I looked into this further. One of my coworkers is telling me that the pixelated image you're getting is likely browser specific. He pulled it up in the default browser and saw the same effect you did. Open it in Firefox or Opera, however, and it looks great! An odd issue, but it is what it is...

@Yeahha Thanks! In answer to your question - I believe the thought process was that it didn't represent a big enough portion to really display very well, where as with iOS the various devices each have a fairly sizable portion on their own. Also, I have to agree, the '70s guy has some pretty great pants ;)

- David Z.

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones