• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help infrared

Just got a response from HTC Global and this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting HTC Support.

We understand how important this must be to you, and we're here to help in any way we can.
For Supreme Camera Edition it has an IR sensor.

For the HTC One family, it supports OTG connection to expand the memory storage of your phone.

Now I'm really confused - does this have an IR port or not???

Upvote 0
HTC support is hopeless. I already told them the prob in detail and that I have already tried the Peel with no luck. So, what do they say...

We are sorry to learn that you are having problem connecting the phone to the TV remote. We understand how important it is for you to use the phone as a remote and we are here to help you in any way that we can.

HTC One M9+ still have an IR sensor even if it no longer have Sense TV feature. All you need to do is to download the Peel Smart Remote application from Google Play store, but we cannot give you the specific application to download since this is a third-party application.

Did they even read my message???

Upvote 0
Rynx: Did you get this prob fixed as I have the exact same prob. I bought my HTC One M9+ Supreme Camera from Android Enjoyed (Au) about 2 months ago. It didn't come with Peel, but it did have a lot of Chinese/HK TV apps and stuff - which I removed. Installed Peel and could not get it to work with anything. Tried many other TV/remote apps - nothing. Tried the camera trick and no light coming from the IR port. I can easily see the pale purple light from all the remotes I have. So the camera on this phone and my old Android phone works fine. Even though I bought the phone from an Aussie online store they imported it from HK. I've emailed HTC Australia - no response yet. If this IR port is stuffed I won't be happy.

If they imported it from China/HK, they're likely not an official authorized HTC retailer. And HTC Australia might not be interested in dealing with and supporting grey import devices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones